Getting into friend's shows (Jauz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetFalcon

So friend since high school of 10 years is currently in a relationship with Jauz in the EDM scene. I guess he got pretty big and now she just travels with him.

This friend has hooked me up in the past like when her dad used to do angel investing in a club. She was able to invite a ton of friends to have bottle service b/c her dad was a big influence or owner of the club. Once for her bday party, another when Chris Brown came. But unfortunately club didn't do well and closed, and they lost their money. So now that's not happening anymore.

But now her BF got pretty big in the EDM scene with his Jauz production. I was able to go to his small shows when nobody really showed up, like in 2014. But even some shows it got kinda hard to get into, like we still had to go through the line BS and not just walk in with the artist, even though we were friends of the artist, or friend's with the artist's GF. Now that he's bigger and everyone knows who he is, it's harder to get hooked up. He's not really my direct friend and I have to ask the girlfriend who has to ask others. I tried to get into one of his big shows in LA, the girl just said ya I'll try without me asking. But she said she couldn't because management is the one who decides all these guest list stuff. Plus she told me industry people who work with the EDM artist get first dibs, and friends who just wanna chill are last priority and won't be considered if it's at full capacity.

I feel sometimes my friend doesn't try hard enough or doesn't care enough to get me in. But it's hard to say, I don't wanna assume it and realize she did try to get me in but truly management was the one who said no. And I dont know who management is so I dunno if I have any right to be mad at them. Like what is their reasoning they can't just let the artist invite whoever they want? I would assume the artist would be the one who gets to decide who gets a free invite but I guess not really. Even if it's their show.

But yeah if anyone can provide insight like what goes on when it comes to guest list that be cool. I thought being friend's with an EDM artist I could get hooked up with expensive festival tickets. I mean I offered to trade him stuff, or if you really wanted money I'd give him money. But I assume giving him money wouldn't go well with the event owners and he would be stealing money from them when he's already getting a paycheck for his service.

But simply, how do I get hooked up if I know an EDM artist and I'm not in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back