Get your beats on tv shows?

supaproduca123

I've seen this producer or I guess beatmaker (on youtube I think)who make beats for MTV shows...And I was wondering how do you do this? Do you like send beats in or something? Anyone know?

I want my beats on The Real World!!
:cry: lol

supaproduca123 said:
I've seen this producer or I guess beatmaker (on youtube I think)who make beats for MTV shows...And I was wondering how do you do this? Do you like send beats in or something? Anyone know?

I want my beats on The Real World!!
:cry: lol

http://soundtrack.mtv.com/

or submit to their music supervisors

just gotta be patient while they find the right music to fit whatever scene they need done could be instant, or they might have your material for 8 months before they find something that fits

make sure you're signed up with a performance rights organization as a publisher and as a writer
and register EVERY song you submit to these networks

Last edited:
tonedef said:
Dont you have to pay to submit to broadjam though?

What's wrong with paying???

I plan on joining this month or next... it's much cheaper than taxi. lol

Ive had my music played on a Canadian teenage drama called "Renegade Press" its kind of like degrassi. Anyway in that case it was the sound studio that was doing their sound editing that was responcible for finding the background music/beats that plays also. I know its like that in a lot of cases. So pretty much just look at the credits of the show you want your beats on for the sound studio, and hit them up. Thats what I did anyway.

Be careful about your samples (try to get rid of them) before marketing to TV if you can, because it will be harder to get placed (they've got to clear with you and also some big shot who owns the samples and now their music budget for the episode has overruns because the sample owner charges 100gs for a placement...) get the picture?

trezza said:
Be careful about your samples (try to get rid of them) before marketing to TV if you can, because it will be harder to get placed (they've got to clear with you and also some big shot who owns the samples and now their music budget for the episode has overruns because the sample owner charges 100gs for a placement...) get the picture?

no, they are NOT going to go through the trouble of clearing a sample just to have a track play for 30 seconds during the real world
they will replace it
i dont care how perfect the match of visual to audio is, they will replace it

Good thread
Have always been interested in doing the same

Last edited:
DjayCas said:
http://soundtrack.mtv.com/

or submit to their music supervisors

just gotta be patient while they find the right music to fit whatever scene they need done could be instant, or they might have your material for 8 months before they find something that fits

make sure you're signed up with a performance rights organization as a publisher and as a writer
and register EVERY song you submit to these networks

that mtv link is golden, I knew the site existed, but I didn't know you could submit to their supervisors.

DjayCas said:
no, they are NOT going to go through the trouble of clearing a sample just to have a track play for 30 seconds during the real world
they will replace it
i dont care how perfect the match of visual to audio is, they will replace it

yep....and i've never heard of a sampled beat on a show unless it was done by a "big name" producer.

supaproduca123 said:

yep....and i've never heard of a sampled beat on a show unless it was done by a "big name" producer.

they ALWAYS play DJ Premier produced tracks during MTV Cribs

i do not know why

Let me know how those paid services work out. I've never had any success with them but they do work for alot of people. I guess it's hit or miss.

Alot of smaller publishing companies will shop your beats to tv/film projects for a piece of the copyright if they land something. But no one can hustle your tracks better than you, ya know?

Another thing, if you're an indie producer (and you own your own samples - thanks for making that clear DjayCas) looking to get into TV, the editors for the shows may do the editing using something famous they *know* they aren't going to go with, just because they know the song. Then they'll go to their library person and say, OK, I need something that sounds like FAMOUS SINGA. Then the library person is going to go off and find something. If you have a song like FAMOUS SINGA, then by all means tag your work as being like FAMOUS SINGAs HIT SONG XYZ so they can find it. They're very busy, so make their life easier.

Last edited:
Back