Future EXECUTIVE Producers Masterclass: 360 Deals

Bloody Glove

When I first heard about this type deal, I thought...RAPE:cry:!! Then I looked into it and realized that I may have to apply game or some derivative of it. I feel record companies should sell records or at least secure the mode that will give them a healthy revenue stream. I realize the music world is now CONSTANTLY changing, very few "by the book" type transactions going on. Once you start to tap into an artist peripheral income(as a label), it becomes very tricky, borderline unethical and damn near illegal. Personally I saw the shift as a sign to create my own model. I also think its up to your own personal situation as to sign this type of deal or even offer it. It has certainly fired shots to the indie world...STEP OUR GAMES UP!! You want TV money...start the TV/film production company, you want concert money...create the promotion and touring venue, invest in clubs ect.ect. You basically need to be Damon Dash with the Hustle...manage, clothes, music, tours, movies, modeling ect.ect. to justify offering such a deal(IMO:)) but for gods sake PAY PEOPLE for their hard work!!! I present the good bad and down right horrible aspects of the 360 deal.

are only the top three doing 360 deals what about middle level indie labels are they following suite???

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

are only the top three doing 360 deals what about middle level indie labels are they following suite???
The ones that are affiliated with the top 3's distribution channels are(Universal subsidiaries/Warner subsidiaries ect.ect.). EMI owns Caroline Distribution which is one of your larger "indie" distributor's and noone from the Stones Throw camp has confirmed any such deals being cut, so they would be an outlier as far as top 3 "distribution affiliated" goes. There are a few street level indie guy's I know, that ONLY work via this type of deal. They do the Damon Dash and manage, record, promote ect.ect. They have ethical business practices...people get paid. At the end of the day, this info is really private, even if an artist was or was not, they wouldn't be obligated to inform us. Stay indie and guarantee whatever angle you want to pursue.

The ones that are affiliated with the top 3's distribution channels are(Universal subsidiaries/Warner subsidiaries ect.ect.). EMI owns Caroline Distribution which is one of your larger "indie" distributor's and noone from the Stones Throw camp has confirmed any such deals being cut, so they would be an outlier as far as top 3 "distribution affiliated" goes. There are a few street level indie guy's I know, that ONLY work via this type of deal. They do the Damon Dash and manage, record, promote ect.ect. They have ethical business practices...people get paid. At the end of the day, this info is really private, even if an artist was or was not, they wouldn't be obligated to inform us. Stay indie and guarantee whatever angle you want to pursue.

sounds good Bloody Glove of O.J. Simpson lol
make sure you request these thread series to be stickied seperately
One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Last edited:
Back