frustrating time tracking out beats (FL Studio)

Shands

Dj Shands
watsup everyone, look im just having a frustrating time tracking out my beats and want to get this right for potential buyers..
1st of all, i use FL STUDIO 9. when i track out the beats, i end up losing all the vst effects(reverb,limiters, etc.), is this how people want the beat?? (cause it sounds pretty bad lol)

2nd if u have plugins going through a midi output do those get put in to the final tracked out song as well?

finally any tips on tracking out a beat with FL STUDIO would be a HUGE HELP!! thanks

youtube search this sir

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

I attached a picture of what my render settings are for the track out. I'm unsure why your mixer track effects aren't rendering on the individual tracks unless you have FX on the master track. For example, if you use maximus to master your beats, maximus will not be able to render each individual track out and still maintain the same sound. Unless, you have FX on the master, I can't help you answer that question. Explain more in depth about having plugins going through a MIDI output. I don't think that is exactly what you mean.Track Out Settings.JPG

This is how i have mine set at...

WAV tracked out

- 256 point sinc or higher (higher the more quality NOTE: the more higher the longer it will take to render)
- 32 bit float
- 320 bps
- ACIDized & Delay conpensation
- Split mixer tracks

Hope this helps

ok, i use soundgoodizer on alot of my beats and i put it in the master fx, does that mean it wont work when i track it out?
also, heres a picture of what i mean for the midi out i have it linked to a vst such as a synthesizer..sorry if im not good with explaining things..

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 289
i guess another question i should be asking is are u guys also assigning each channel a free mixer track? is this necessary?

You will lose your Soundgoodizer when tracking it out (personally for me its cool cause the buyers will be mix and mastering the whole thing when they're done with arranging i've had no complaints so far). If you feel funny about it load it up in pro tools if you have it and mix it there if you like

NOTE: All your channels need to be assigned to your mixer or else you got jack when tracking out.

Whatever you assign to your mixer will come out in your tracked out beat (NAMES etc...) so yes its necessary

Master channel: some plugins dont work Soundgoodizer is one of them, its only good for mp3 leases i say idk preference

thanks for reply man im starting to get somewhere now! i dont have protools so i cant do that, but i guess i might have to forget about the soundgoodizer(even though it sounds kinda dull when taking it off lol) or like u said they hopefully wont have complaints after mixing/mastering. i think what my problem is, is that i usually dont assign each channel to its own mixer when making a beat, so when it comes down to doing it when im ready to track it out, it gets confusing... well thanks for the replies and im more than happy to hear any more tips!

i never heard of this problem...and never had it...tho i dont use the fl plugins so much...i take everything off anyway and mix it in cubase....and the midi out doesnt really matter as long as the host Vst is routed to the mixer...like any other sound for that matter...

thanks for reply man im starting to get somewhere now! i dont have protools so i cant do that, but i guess i might have to forget about the soundgoodizer(even though it sounds kinda dull when taking it off lol) or like u said they hopefully wont have complaints after mixing/mastering. i think what my problem is, is that i usually dont assign each channel to its own mixer when making a beat, so when it comes down to doing it when im ready to track it out, it gets confusing... well thanks for the replies and im more than happy to hear any more tips!

Oh no problems i went through the same thing but thank god for youtube lol i had learnt alot and just practised daily, i'm no expert believe me lol but i get there somehow.

After you get use to FL pro tools will be easy to understand (Pro tools is industry standard so would be good to learn after FL)

I know it sounds dull but learn and try the other plugins to your liking even limiter, and also the on the mixer i mean there are plenty of ways to have the same sound.

you know when you have finished your beat on your channels just turn on all the lights by double clicking on it so it lights up all your channels...then go to your mixer and where INSERT 1 is right click it go to LINKED SELECTED CHANNELS then click STARTING FROM THIS TRACK...

Now that will assign all of your channels to the mixer (time saver) then you can go ahead and mix your beat to your liking and after your done

FILE>EXPORT>WAV>ASSIGN FOLDER>MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "SLPIT MIXER TRACK" ON. RENDER!

Hope this helps you out champ

good point @14k ... why do people run off scared when they hear about Pro tools? or cubase?..or any other...more
"complex" DAWs?...cause they do the same things ...they have similar layouts... in essence they are the same just diferent interfaces and sound engines...and own vsts...for those who only use them...

i think if someone knows one of them...regardless of wich one it is...it shouldnt take more then a couple of days to figure any other of them out...

Absolutely! John all comes down to what you create and how you use it keyword i say "PREFERENCE" if you feel comfortable with it then by all means. Master your craft in any shape or form possible cause not everybody has money to spend, use what you have and go with it and don't be scared

Thank god for FP and youtube hahaha

Back