Freelance artist, advance ... invoice, help me!

_stillsolate

Hey,

I need help understanding what I presume should be a relatively simple thing (I think). A small label wants to use one of my songs in their compilation albums, this is the part of the album that talks about advance:
"Advance: €300 per track payable on receipt of invoice and signature of long form contract at release date"
Today, the person I've been corresponding with sent me an email saying:
"Send me your invoice for payment"
Does this mean :
A) That my invoice should say €300
B) My invoice should have my own personal amount and that €300 is a separate additional payment amount all together?

(I'm an unsigned artist, doing everything by myself, gradually learning/figuring things out. All help will be greatly appreciated, thank you).

I would ask your bank or a lawyer/accountant if you're using any for this transaction, just so that you know you're getting correct and up to date information, don't take all of us at our word I think. Congrats and good luck to you bro

Invoices are simple. Google invoice pull down a free template and use it! Your invoice should have the following:

Name, date, invoice number, product or service the amount due and a way to pay you.

You don't need a lawyer or accountant for this. It's merely serves as an order form and receipt.

Back