FL Studio Stereotype Really Dude? -_- why!?!?!

LlmbeatZ

iMAKEFIREBEATS.COM
Ight so for the past 6 months i've been going hard with my music and beat selling right.

sooooo im doing my thing try get 3k in upfront beat sales this month and i come across a few groups that say and ask:

mmaaaann yo beats is tight son!!!!....what you use to make em?

and i say FL Studio proudly lol

and they get this look on their face or the tone in there voice like disappointment lol

Whhhhyyy do ppl think that all FL Producers should suck!?

ive mastered the craft and constantly building my creativity so it dont matter what program i use

i just want some other ppls input on the whole " FL Studio Stereotype" cuz im like wat the beans ya know?

when they ask you say pro-level production tools
and if they continue to ask
ask them is there a certain program file you need for your projects

if they can't answer that questions I won't care about them knowing you use FL Studio,Cubase or Reason
because they just swallow and don't understand production

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

and another thing
ppl go by what they heard "oh Fruity Loops is for kids" that's why the company goes by FL Studio now

same thing goes on when I tell ppl I live a Christ-like lifestyle and I don't live by a religion they just don't get it

instead of learning about Christ and bible on their own they go by what they heard on the block and by Pastor who don't know the bible themselves or use it to take advantage of ppl

same with production programs ppl don't know the power of FL Studio .. they just know what they heard

it's about using good sounds and not the sounds that come with the program...even though their build-in sounds are getting better in quality

Just give them the production credits of Fl studio users. Boi-1da, t-minus, lex Luger, 9th wonder etc

3 of those listed are the hottest 3 in the game at the moment IMO. If someone passes on a hot beat cause of HOW it was made then they are an idiot anyway and I wouldn't care. Seriously.

Superstars like drake will stay pay top dollar for your beat if they feel it even if you told them you made it on hiphop ejay lol. Most real artists don't care about this kind of thing.

Black and yellow was made on Fl studio and it made wiz khalifa star, what really more needs to be said.

Sometimes you gotta sell a dream. I use an iMac running Pro Tools, Reason, and FL Studio with a shytload of plugin instruments, a Triton Rack, and an MPC 2kxl(even if all you're hearing is a beat completely done in FL down to stock drums, i'm not lying, all those tools are at my disposal.

Irony is when it's a beat made in Reason, I just say "I used Reason".

Is it right? Who's to say? I'm not f**kin up my potential clients by allowing them to think I'm some novice even if it is because of their own ignorance.

Most stuff coming out these days was done in FL studio though. Probably by guys who played it up like they were using more until it no longer mattered as well.

I agree with what everyone is saying, NO one needs to know what you use to create your beats with. Don't lie because it will always come back on you, just ask them does it really mater as long as I can make my clients happy? Say it nice and with a smile.

Just tell the truth and MAKE YOUR MONEY. Only tell guaranteed customer's though...let the groupies linger in awe.

Ight so for the past 6 months i've been going hard with my music and beat selling right.

sooooo im doing my thing try get 3k in upfront beat sales this month and i come across a few groups that say and ask:

mmaaaann yo beats is tight son!!!!....what you use to make em?

and i say FL Studio proudly lol

and they get this look on their face or the tone in there voice like disappointment lol

Whhhhyyy do ppl think that all FL Producers should suck!?

ive mastered the craft and constantly building my creativity so it dont matter what program i use

i just want some other ppls input on the whole " FL Studio Stereotype" cuz im like wat the beans ya know?

It's because most people suck with it and it's by far the easiest program to pirate has been for the last 10-12 years. It's not something you can control it's just one of those things.. I'm not an Fl user touched it a few times not a fan of it but it does get the job done (just like everything else)

People automatically assume I use my mpc 3000 for tracks (haven't touched that thing in years) when asked what I use I tell them "...sampler and a sequencer" and from there they assume

50 cent said it best "...if they hate, then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up."

Personally, I don't care if the beat was made with spoons, a SM57, and some kid beating on a desk. Musical talent shows now matter what tools are used. The look of disappoint your seeing is a result of disappointment that your answer is simple. You'd probably get the same reaction if you sound Reason instead. Honestly, who gives a f*ck if another producer doesn't approve of the tools you use? The only opinion that matters is the one that comes from your customers.

50 cent said it best "...if they hate, then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up."

. Honestly, who gives a f*ck if another producer doesn't approve of the tools you use? The only opinion that matters is the one that comes from your customers.

That's just it... these were potential customers of his that were judging lol (or maybe i read it wrong)

Last edited:
@Cyko usually people who ask, "What did you use to make that beat" are music makers looking to increase the the quality of their own productions; especially here on FP. I could be wrong, but I don't think that songwriters, performers, or other beat buyers care about what was used to make a tight beat. They just buy it and wait for more, at least in my experience.

Is your experience much different from mine?

Last edited:
@Cyko usually people who ask, "What did you use to make that beat" are music makers looking to increase the the quality of their own productions; especially here on FP. I could be wrong, but I don't think that songwriters, performers, or other beat buyers care about what was used to make a tight beat. They just buy it and wait for more, at least in my experience.

Is your experience much different from mine?

I've had all kinds of people ask... artists,managers,producers etc... especially when working with artist that have worked with other producers they are often curious as to why you do or do not use a specific piece of gear or software

Back