Finer details regarding producer-artist copyright issues

MrA123

Hello.

If I make a beat (no samples, all me), and copyright this beat before sending it to any mix engineer or artist:

- Do I need to get a new copyright for the new mixed beat? (the engineers I've spoken to say that they do not claim any ownership, license fees, or credit, only take an upfront fee from the beatmaker)

- If I make the slightest changes to my beat (no new melodies, or riffs, or sounds, just the slightest editing), do I need a new copyright?

- If my [copyrighted] beat is sold exclusively to an artist (lets say a rapper)....How do I/we/the rapper go about copyrighting the master recording (the rapper with 100% credit for vocals/lyrics, and beatmaker with 100% credit for the beat)?
If I'm correct, the song (with both rapper and beatmaker input) requires a separate copyright from the one producer got for the beat/instrumental.

-Who is responsible for copyrighting the new song (master recording)? rapper or producer/beatmaker?
Does that person need to provide information on the existing copyrights involved (copyrighted beat-copyrighted lyrics)?

Ideally, I would like to retain all credits for my productions, and share all royalties, sales, publishing with the rapper.

Thank you all.

Back