Exclusive License Generator ?

DreamerBeats

What's good everybody,hope you are good today?:hello:

Fortunately after a lot of hard work...ball starts rolling. :cool:
One record label,woman that works there wants to buy beat from me,exclusively.:berzerk:
She wants some type of license,i usually sell beats thru MyFlashStore and BeatBrokerz,
BeatBrokerz has its own licenses and you can choose what you want,they take fee and that's it,you just sell your stuff.

But i need different contract,that says beat will 100% belong to the record label,and i found this generator.

SendBeatsTo / Exclusive License / Contract Generator

I want to ask you guys,is this okay,do i need lawyer or something,i'm kinda new to this thing,i read a lot on this forum,i'm curious about this generator.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Hey,

The generator is there to give you a starting point but you definitely do want to get a lawyer to write contracts to suit your needs.

A contract needs not contain legalese to be valid, or effective for that matter. Outline the structure of your deal in plain language. The benefits of an entertainment lawyer lie in an understanding of case law and precendents, but if you're comfortable with turning over 100% mechanical royalties to the label (for the sound recording of music + vocals, NOT your copyrighted work) then by all means create a basic template. You may want to provide verbiage to ensure rights to any publishing revenue, but especially in situations where the deal applies to only one work, improper action trumps inaction.

I hope that helps in some way.

- Legend, Indie Music Business Blogger "Starving Artist Suggestions"

Last edited:
Back