Exclusive beats?

kingmiami

I get alot of messages every week about getting my beats exclusive. I have alot of questions about this but i'll just ask two.

If I sell a beat exclusive does that mean I can't sell it to anyone else again? I feel like I would lose alot of potential money off that beat if I cant sell it more than once.

My main question is what do you guys do when you sell exclusive beats like whats the process you guys go through?

Please help me out I would definitely appreciate it.

When you sell an instrumental exclusively your giving the artist full ownership of the beat (in most cases) With that being said, the correct thing to do is to take the instrumental out of the market. The artist bought the instrumental as an exclusive so he/she can use it exclusively FOR them not other artists, but there's a price for taking the beat off the market! That's why a lease would cost for example 20-40 but exclusives 100-500 depending on your reputation. My advice from personal experience, if your selling an exclusive, sell it for the right price, honor the contract and don't resell it because at the end of the day your reputation as an honest producer could be affected, and finally make sure the artist is somewhat decent don't affiliate yourself with crappy artists, that's your instrumental they're going to showcase everywhere they go.

Back