Etiquette for Sending Music

Many teenagers have the tendency of spamming A&R's email boxes. They keep on using improper approaches and then wonder why these A&R's do not reply to them.

Im not guilty, but do you think its appropriate to send them a link to your soundcloud page? Instead of sending them a couple beats attached in the email.

try and impress them though - they get bombarded with cheap looking submissions - go the extra mile and make yours look like it was pulled fresh off the store shelves!

know what i hate? when bum artists hit me up on the street begging for money, followed by no way of me hearing their craft online, and forcing me to buy their CD. CD?? yo i don't even use CDs anymore. lol

be a smart artist:

have an easy link ready for people to listen to you and most importantly remember. 9/10 times i'm going to check you out with my phone. so you better have a soundcloud or something that can be accessed on a mobile device (phones and tablets) and doesn't take time to load.

www.soundcloud.com/arthurdhttp://www.soundcloud.com/arthurdmusic

Last edited:
does this kinda work the same way for songwriters? what if you just want to submit a song you written?

Back