Etiquette for Sending Music

• First thing you want to be sure of is that the tracks are finished.
  • Time to prepare the tracks for sending them out. Make sure you send a full length track in a considerable rate, preferably 192 kb/s but the absolute minimum is 128 kb/s.
  • Next step is uploading.
  • Find perfect label for your music.
  • Write E-mail and send.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how long after you send in your music is it polite to chase up on your music?

There is a lot of great advice in these forums. Well done guys.

Good information for keeping it professional, thanks. I'm currently going through the forums all I can to see what I can learn before I start promoting my own music. Cheers!

• First thing you want to be sure of is that the tracks are finished.
  • Time to prepare the tracks for sending them out. Make sure you send a full length track in a considerable rate, preferably 192 kb/s but the absolute minimum is 128 kb/s.
  • Next step is uploading.
  • Find perfect label for your music.
  • Write E-mail and send.

Very good advice, simple and easy to remember.

This will certainly help you to appear more professional in your business dealings and thus the powers that be will take you a lot more seriously.

I used to name my tracks with numbers, lol
But putting your contact in the beat name really help people remember you

Lol all the stuff mentioned I said to somebody else. I even go as far as putting ID3 tags in mp3's with full info and a picture for a concept/idea if they don't have one from the title of the track already.

I imagine they will download the stuff and have a folder by the artists name and project if they dont have keep their emails as reference.

Back