Etiquette for Sending Music

When sending beats, should I send untagged mp3s or links to bandcamp, soundcloud, etc? Just don't want beats to get jacked. Also full length or snippets?

When sending beats, should I send untagged mp3s or links to bandcamp, soundcloud, etc? Just don't want beats to get jacked. Also full length or snippets?

If you read their requirements it will most likely tell you how they accept material. And never send snippets. They always want full length tracks.

Last edited:
That didn't answer the question fully. I'm asking if an artist asks for beats on twitter but doesnt specify mp3s or links or anything else, should I send links to my site or full mp3s or snippets?

Last edited:
That didn't answer the question fully. I'm asking if an artist asks for beats on twitter but doesnt specify mp3s or links or anything else, should I send links to my site or full mp3s or snippets?

my educated guess would be to send a link that they can playback on a mobile device. full tracks to. i have yet to see anyone say "just send me a snippet".

where do you find this on logic?

When you bounce the track (Command +B) a new window will pop up. Name your file and select what format you want to save it in. To access the ID3 tags, you must bounce it as an MP3. Click the MP3 checkbox and new options will appear to the right. There will be a new button, titled, "ID3 Settings." Turn it on by checking a new box titled "Write ID3 Tags," and you're all set.

Back