Effective ways to Promo on Twitter

G

I use twitter a lot. Its my main site to promo material and provide music tips to artists & producers & engineers..etc.

Anyways I wanted to know what some of you guys do to promote effectively and create a larger following. I utilize search engines but I notice that, it doesnt show ALL the tweets in the world. I may get a few hundred artists that say they need beats or something but those are small numbers. I want to link up with a hip-hop DJ in southern Cali, (im in Florida) how can I reach them? 200 is big a average number in a medium sized city. I want...ALL CITIES! haha..

What do you do though? What sort of hashtags do you use?

The way I use twitter is simple.

I use it as a lead source to funnel traffic to my website where I can connect with people who share common interest with my viewers and I. To me, twitter and other social networks are great for meeting people. The platform can also be used as a tool to coordinate gatherings and events.

The way I target my audience equally as simple.

I use Twitter to search keywords that I use to promote my business. For example, I'll do a search for music. The twitter search results will show you every user who has recently updated their status with "music" in it. I follow the people who have tweets that I like. And from there, I give people a week or so to follow me back.

After a week or so I'll log into my Just Unfollow account and un-follow my non followers. This way, I know that my tweets are being read by recipient. I make it a point to tweet people directly with my promo links. The way I see it, people who talk about music like hearing it. It's only a matter asking for participation. ANd most of the time, twitter users are cool enough to see what you're about.

This method of promotion has been yielding me great results so far. I've increased my website traffic substantially by employing this method. It also helps to network with people at events. You'll notice that almost everyone has a website. If you play your cards right, you'll link your website to the ones that count.

Dope JC. I do almost the same as you do, except Following people. lol Well I do, usually when I check my profile at the end of the day ill have more & more followers. Artists, Djs, producers, colelge studentsm whoever. ILl follow accordingly hit them up. Also when I collect emails I mention them saying Ive submited material and tell them to follow me. I will then follow back.

Ill check whose not following maybe every two weeks. but after a couple days if you arent following back then ill unfollow.

A way that has helped me is simply text tweets during the day. Proving links to my work and my artists. asking questions and sharing general knowledge on production and engineering.

A way that has helped me is simply text tweets during the day. Proving links to my work and my artists. asking questions and sharing general knowledge on production and engineering.

I find this strategy useful for periodical traffic increases. Because I spend more time online than most, I find it most convenient to use applications and platforms that allow me to update my statuses from one place. Now, I have multiple accounts with sites that allow me to do just that.

Thats dope, each has his own strategy. Tweeting is really talking to yourself.lol I just text tweets reg. it may be 1000s a day, while others not so much. Everything isnt always related to music but i get across many points through a span of time. When I do get to sit at a computer I can do searches and find more people and interact with my new followers. I've found that the more you tweet with key words the more followers you will get. My main site is twittter. I have a group on Facebook I update and have a youtube.

Facebook I update reg. but I dont have the two sites (tweet/FB) linked together. As for youtube I post non-regularly.lol but I try to implement as many "tags" as possible. W/o having to do "THIS IS A LEX LUGER TYPE BEAT." or even using those names.

Back