An easy way to make money by giving away your music for free.

Hi there, thanks for the GREAT info, I'm about to put this to use. Can 2 or more youtube channels be linked to the ASCAP/BMI & Royalty Collection Barcodes?

So Should you have a separate catalog of beats that you aren't shopping to artists? Because if i'm selling my beats on my website exclusives and leases and then someone finds my same beats on youtube promoted as free background music, no-one would buy my beats, just download them for free. Also, how do you make the songs available for download?

So Should you have a separate catalog of beats that you aren't shopping to artists? Because if i'm selling my beats on my website exclusives and leases and then someone finds my same beats on youtube promoted as free background music, no-one would buy my beats, just download them for free. Also, how do you make the songs available for download?

Yep, that's the dilemma. Your beats will be availbe for 0.99 on itunes, amazon etc. I would seperate the catalog.

Good start (kind of). I would say it's much more complex. You want to take your best beats, make the best video for them, and try to get ranked for a keyword like: "chill rap beat".

YouTube is a VIDEO site. Don't forget that. In order to compete you need to handle that side of it or you'll just be wasting your time.
Let me take it a step further, pick your best 5 beats, go to Fiverr and get someone to do an audio visualizer. Post and tag those beats with perfection.

That's just my two cents, have a blessed day.

Check out my site www.tlbeats.com for More music marketing tips

Its definitely NOT as easy as that. Its a lot easier to say than to execute thats for sure.

Sure it is. I executed this method and still have over 200 matches on Youtube generating me some residual income. Again, as others have said, you do need to do some work to gain visibility online and a big part of that IMO is having good music...and a little SEO knowledge can help..

Last edited:
I know I'm late AF, but this is great info. Quick question, Im gonna follow your blueprint exactly but what about sampling? I am a sample heavy producer and I aint trying to get sued or anything. Is it a good idea to post sampled music on youtube? or only originals? How do you do it?

I know I'm late AF, but this is great info. Quick question, Im gonna follow your blueprint exactly but what about sampling? I am a sample heavy producer and I aint trying to get sued or anything. Is it a good idea to post sampled music on youtube? or only originals? How do you do it?

There's always gonna be an argument here regarding sampling but here are a few things to consider:

1. If you don't own the rights to it ~ legally, without permission, you can't use it. Period. No ifs, ands or buts.
2. Even though "others are doing it" there is always a risk to using someone else's intellectual property without their permission.
3. YouTube (or any other website) may or may not catch you doing it ~ its up to you to determine if the risk is worth it.

With that said, the safe route is always gonna be to only post original works containing stuff you have the right to use.

Also, if your movement starts gaining momentum (that's the goal, right?) you don't want anyone knocking on your door asking for "their cut"..

Good luck!

Back