does age matter for a producer?

Sickk1

this was probly asked tons of times but im only 17. i was planning on saving all my beats untill im 18 and just droppin tons or work to a shit load of artists. would there be any legal issues? also is there any legal issues copyrighting my stuff?

To answer your question.....YES & NO.

From a talent viewpoint the answer is NO age does not matter. If you are good....then you are good. It does not matter if you are 17 or 77.

From a marketing viewpoint the answer is YES age does matter. If the genre of music that you create means that your image is part of the producing package (just about all hip hop producers theses days), then it matters. If you were 80 years old lets say I think most hip hop listeners would think you are too old and out of touch with the type of music that they like. This may not be true, but it is the perception.

From a legal viewpoint the answer is also YES age does matter. It depends on where you live, but in most countries you have to be at least 18 to enter a legal contract.

As for your situation of being 17 I would say age should not matter. At 17 you should know what your music listening peers should like. If you're stuff is hot....I say do it now and don't wait. If you have to have your parents as the legal owners of your music in order to sell it until you turn 18, then do that. But the main thing is DON'T let your age get in the way of your dream and where you want your music to go. Good luck man!

grow up, like go hustle already dude, you ain't gotta wait for no bull.. scared of the lawyers and the corproations ? f-ck out here mane f-ck tha police and hustle young nigguh

grow up, like go hustle already dude, you ain't gotta wait for no bull.. scared of the lawyers and the corproations ? f-ck out here mane f-ck tha police and hustle young nigguh

dont know if you mean hustle the streets or just get my music game up but im on probation for 6 more months. not happenin

dont know if you mean hustle the streets or just get my music game up but im on probation for 6 more months. not happenin

he just saying what himbeats said in an ignorant/street lingo... now alot of ppl speak this way and the way of the youth now.. so I see it as talking ignorant but I must also see it from all sides lol...

Sickk1 work on your craft get a website up,learn marketing and the business of music

I don't know how long before you turn 18...but if you don't want to deal with your parents over your business/production career then wait the other 4 months or whatever..but read up and learn all you can go to blogs learn the ins and outs so when you jump out there you have some kind of foundation

he just saying what himbeats said in an ignorant/street lingo... now alot of ppl speak this way and the way of the youth now.. so I see it as talking ignorant but I must also see it from all sides lol...

Sickk1 work on your craft get a website up,learn marketing and the business of music

I don't know how long before you turn 18...but if you don't want to deal with your parents over your business/production career then wait the other 4 months or whatever..but read up and learn all you can go to blogs learn the ins and outs so when you jump out there you have some kind of foundation

i cant really depend on my parents ones on drugs and one just got out of jail after 20 years so thats out of the picture. ill be 18 in november so ill just wait it out and perfect my music

i cant really depend on my parents ones on drugs and one just got out of jail after 20 years so thats out of the picture. ill be 18 in november so ill just wait it out and perfect my music

focus on these three things
1.knowledge-business/different equipment that's out there
2.relationships-build relationships that build success
3.experience-work with another producer/music professional online and offline

if you need some guidance I will be happy to help you it's will have to be next week as I'm moving all weekend and monday and then I won't have internet till Cox Cable switches me over thursday
of this guidance will be free-mostly just information and things to study

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

focus on these three things
1.knowledge-business/different equipment that's out there
2.relationships-build relationships that build success
3.experience-work with another producer/music professional online and offline

if you need some guidance I will be happy to help you it's will have to be next week as I'm moving all weekend and monday and then I won't have internet till Cox Cable switches me over thursday
of this guidance will be free-mostly just information and things to study

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

yea ill definitely take some help. thanks a lot.

Back