Do you spend more time promoting or making beats?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, as the topic says I wanted to get other peoples input on their workflow and how things have been going for them. My website is up and running and I have gotten any sales this month so far but I am wondering do you guys spend more time promoting or making beats? How do you guys balance the two? When do you feel like you are putting too much time into one and not the other? Appreciate the responses ahead of time guys!

Edit: My website Rob Dolla$ Beats tell me what you guys think!

Last edited:
i would say it's about 50/50 for me, i upload my work to soundcloud as soon as i get the mixing right on the beat. it would take me a couple of hours to work on the beat including mixing, then i upload on soundcloud, promote it via twitter, IG, snapcat, FB, etc. i find that it's much better if you have a promotional team though.

When I first started I was doing more promoting than making beats. Since I felt like I had a decent sized a catalog all i needed to do was maintain. Now that I've seen quite a bit of success I definitely spend more time making beats then promoting. You should only be spending a lot of time promoting if you do not have funds to pay for promotion.

Back