Do you register your beats with a PRO

AG Beats

Before or after you place with an artist? Im registered with BMI but should I be worrying about registering my beats yet?

You register the finalized song so you can track performance fees owed(radio airplay, concert performances, commercials, ect).
Thanks man. The 'publishing' includes every time the artist performs the song too? Like say i produced a track for young jeezy then he went on tour. Id get a lil bit of his show money every time my song was in his line up?

If THEY are reporting that they are using your music. Not usually the case with small time promotions, but for big events, they usually cover stuff like that. Example: Song used during NBA games, or Jeezy goes on a tour sponsored by Bud Light where he's doing ARENAS. Example of when you may not get paid...Jeezy doing a 3 song set at "Club Twisted Cap" or "The Twerk It Lounge"(made up places) in the middle of Detroit.

If THEY are reporting that they are using your music. Not usually the case with small time promotions, but for big events, they usually cover stuff like that. Example: Song used during NBA games, or Jeezy goes on a tour sponsored by Bud Light where he's doing ARENAS. Example of when you may not get paid...Jeezy doing a 3 song set at "Club Twisted Cap" or "The Twerk It Lounge"(made up places) in the middle of Detroit.

Yeah I got you, im beginning to see how it works. Thats some good shit man, thanks for the input. Always something new to learn with this music game.

Last edited:
Back