Do you give in? Discussion

djtaynoel44

Hey what's going on? I've notice certain people I've followed in the past either changed their style or start following trends to get a better chance of getting noticed (which I can't blame them). We've all thought about it a time or two to start making beats that were on the radio versus what we truly believed in [not knocking anybody who does]. I thought about labeling my beats "such and such type beat", but honestly could never do it because I try to create a unique sound. After years of doing this and growing up I decided to stay true and try to stand out versus getting lost in the shuffle. What's your story and how do/did you deal with this?

If you know your place as a creative individual don't give in. Ask yourself would you rather stay true and get the attention of mature listeners or would you rather chase trends unaware that trends come and go?

A lot of producers are making the beats on the radio - The drake type/weeknd beats/slow hip hop beats etc. I'm making what I WANT to make: Gangsta trap beats, drill beats, aggressive evil beats. Make what ever you want - just know your market and promote accordingly. For example, I'm not going to promote 3 new trap beats to an artist who raps on eminem type beats.

Just looking online or having conversations with other people about music I feel like people are not open to anything that the majority doesn't like. For example, if everybody in your city started wearing k-swiss when everybody use to wear jordans...getting the new 7's wouldn't matter as much anymore. Not saying I don't like the music that's out. I just feel like it should be a little more diverse.

Back