do prof. producer sell beats exclusive or non exclusive ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

i have a question do you know how the professionals successfull producer like timbaland, scott storch, polow da don, red one etccc. sell their beats

i dont understand how they make the decision, if they sell the beat exclusive for a fixed price and to risk to loose money because they dont get royalties

or they decide to non exclusive and get all the advances and royalties and when the record dont have good sales, they have earned not so much as they had earned with a exclusive price :hmmm:?

Well when you sell a exclusive beat you can still get royalties but it depends on what you have for the terms of the contract.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Most top producers like timbaland usually get paid thousands of dollars for there beats and they usually help with the whole process of making the song so if they decide to sell all there rights away on the beat they make it back from the recording and engineering.

Well when you sell a exclusive beat you can still get royalties but it depends on what you have for the terms of the contract.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Most top producers like timbaland usually get paid thousands of dollars for there beats and they usually help with the whole process of making the song so if they decide to sell all there rights away on the beat they make it back from the recording and engineering.

are you sure , i have never heard, that someone who sell his beat exclusive for a high price and then get royalties too

i know that producer with good reputation can get from 10.000 to 1million $$,
but i think its a big difference to sell a beat up front as exclusive for a fixed price and never get somethin after the sellout, when the track goes platinium there would be alot of money that would be lost

or sell the beat non exclusive and save and get the money back end

Many producers online don't include royalties in their contracts because they don't believe that the artist will really make it anywhere with that beat. Now, as soon as a major artist comes knocking on their door, I'm sure the contract changes pretty quickly. Dealing with something such as royalties could get tiresome if your just dealing with up-and-coming artists.

Many producers online don't include royalties in their contracts because they don't believe that the artist will really make it anywhere with that beat. Now, as soon as a major artist comes knocking on their door, I'm sure the contract changes pretty quickly. Dealing with something such as royalties could get tiresome if your just dealing with up-and-coming artists.

That is True.

and that are all earnings that you can make ?

producer fee
earning from lease or full sellout
& from publishing

Professional producers do not do stuff like this at all to be honest. This is some stuff born from the internet due to people not being able to afford the full price of beats 10 years ago. When I started looking at net producers around 99 there were no leases and beats were like $500+ a piece and nobody complained. Then producers started undercutting each other and now you can't sell a $1 lease if you wanted to unless it was insanely dope. And anything more than say $20 will have niggas looking at you like you are a retard. I remember when leases were $100 and that was normal.

I remember the $100 lease days too. Sadness. I wish we could have those back.

I remember the $100 lease days too. Sadness. I wish we could have those back.

i dont understand why producer sell beats so cheap like on soundclick, i have never sold anything for such a price

i think its better to sell to artist,a&r, manager whatever, directly and avoid to lease for some $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back