Do Producers get royalties on YouTube videos?

A

ArchThaBoss

Im talking about commercially released songs from major record labels. do producers earn royalties off the video when its thrown on youtube and vevo? ive got a song i produced thats almost at a million views after only being up for about a month and a half

I'm pretty sure whoever uploaded the video gets the money BUT is responsible for paying whomever they are supposed to. You could probably get them to take it down if they won't pay you (not that anybody would want that though). YouTube royalties aren't that high, I went to high school with the guy that invented the whole coning thing. He has millions of views and got paid a fair bit but it wasn't anything to jump up and down about.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure whoever uploaded the video gets the money BUT is responsible for paying whomever they are supposed to. You could probably get them to take it down if they won't pay you (not that anybody would want that though). YouTube royalties aren't that high, I went to high school with the guy that invented the whole coning thing. He has millions of views and got paid a fair bit but it wasn't anything to jump up and down about.

I just watched a coning video because I didn't know what it was...pretty stupid but I guess if you're the first to do it you can get millions of views

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

I wouldn't call them royalties but yes you can get paid from YouTube. They share ad revenue if you allow them to post ads before and on your videos. If u get a ton of views its a good amount of money but the rate depends on your traffic. They pay more per impression based on how many views you get on whatever channel as a whole. The really popular guys on YouTube are probably making a good part of their living off YouTube I get checks every so often.

preciate the info. the video does have ads, its a vevo video. but im not expecting much (if anything at all) from the youtube video. im really trying to figure out how publishing/royalty system works before i start gettin these checks

Back