Do i need to register my beats or is it enough with audio tags?

Adr

I mean, i'm really busy sometimes and i need a faster and cheaper way to keep my beats safe until i sell them..

I mean, i'm really busy sometimes and i need a faster and cheaper way to keep my beats safe until i sell them..

answer this do you want to just buy a security sign for your house
or do you want to buy real security system for your house

you have to choose the level of protection for your instruments

business wise it's important to register your copyrights
you can
do a group registering of your copyrights

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eting/legal-issues-when-selling-beats-410834/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Realistically speaking, you can wait a little while till you enough beats to group copyright 15-25 beats for 35 bucks or so. Especially when you're starting out. When you start building more buzz, you should be a little more concerned with it.

Last edited:
Legally, a work is copyrighted the moment you create it. So, even if someone steals your beat, you can still sue and win (even if you didn't copyright your beat with the library of congress). HOWEVER, you must:
1. Find a musicologist that will testify that the beat is "significantly similar" to yours and
2. Prove that whoever wrote the beat had ACCESS to your track in order to rip it off (like an email where you sent it to him)

I've had hit sh!t ripped before and it does not feel good. On the other hand, I've had people hire to copy beats they didn't have the money to license and have made money from it. It might happen to you, but don't worry about it. Just keep writing slammin' beatz and you'll get noticed, leaving all the haterz in the dust :)

Last edited:
Legally, a work is copyrighted the moment you create it. So, even if someone steals your beat, you can still sue and win (even if you didn't copyright your beat with the library of congress). HOWEVER, you must:
1. Find a musicologist that will testify that the beat is "significantly similar" to yours and
2. Prove that whoever wrote the beat had ACCESS to your track in order to rip it off (like an email where you sent it to him)

I've had hit sh!t ripped before and it does not feel good. On the other hand, I've had people hire to copy beats they didn't have the money to license and have made money from it. It might happen to you, but don't worry about it. Just keep writing slammin' beatz and you'll get noticed, leaving all the haterz in the dust :)

correct only thing is you register your copyright
I'm not trying to be a jerk I just want newbies to know that!!!

blessings in your legal affairs

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

It is BEST to register your copyright of course. I'm just saying that all is not lost if you didn't. You still have a case if you can prove points 1 & 2. Think about it:

I've received tracks for major artists BEFORE they were copyrighted (just out of the studio). I could have taken these tracks and copyrighted them in my name. But would I win in court? Hell no!

You all are technically correct... It's like the difference between leaving your house unlocked or not. If your house is unlocked, it's still a crime for someone to enter it without consent and steal your stuff. But do you want to fight it after the fact... or put the locks on in the first place???

I think the real point is, don't sweat the copyright until you've got something significant to protect. To use the example above, it's like putting a million-dollar security system on an empty shed vs. a multi-million dollar pad. :)

You can also attach a "copyright disclaimer" to any of your work you put in a public place (like Internets) without having to actually register it. That serves two purposes:
1. puts potential users (stealers) on notice, and
2. provides evidence of your intent to copyright.

Hope this helpz

~Baby B
(c) 2012 all rights to this post reserved.

Copyright your beats as a set for $35 at www dot copyright dot gov. Also look into getting signed up with a performance rights organization like ASCAP, BMI or SESAC.

Okay but i can't register my beats there, i'm from Argentina, not from the USA, i think i have to contact SADAIC here but idk how much it costs

Back