Distribution and Promotion

Rezokk

Rezokk music
My name is Rezokk and I have been producing for a few yrs. now and I just started releasing my stuff with Distrokid and would like to know how to really promote it and get money from Distrokid quicker. If anyone can help or explain this to me it would really help. Thanks! :hmmm:

Budget. The old music business adage is "It takes money to make money." If you can save some coin for awhile until you can put together an actual promotional campaign-- web ad impressions, e-mail blast(s), terrestrial and Internet radio, and reviews in high-profile publications (print and web) for your genre... You might see more action. But all of that costs money and often needs the touch of experienced publicity and promotion pros. If you want to DIY it, plan to take things slow and steady, and scale back your expectations a bit.

GJ

FB ads are a great method for selling anything, including music. It does require attention to the sales funnel, ROI and various metrics, etc. - but if you're willing to take the time to learn the nuances of customer psych and fundamental marketing techniques, FB is probably the most comprehensive and relatively inexpensive form of advertising in known history.

- James, Indie Music Blogger "Starving Artist Suggestions"
Starving Artist Suggestions

Last edited:
(**Please don't post only links ^^^^; against FP TOS**)

FB and Bandcamp are good ideas as far as DIY, but again, if you are actually talking about making enough money for your distributor to make an actual payout, you are going to have to buckle down with a real marketing plan at some point (of which FB and BC would only be a part).

GJ

Back