Distribution?

Smokingfilla

Ok I'm in the process of making a 12 track Electronic/Trance album and I was wondering what would be the best free distribution site online?I have tunecore but I'm not sure is it free to or not :/

Any help WILL be great.Thanks.

Tunecore is free to join but you'll pay a cost to release singles $10 and albums $40 for each. Try this where it's a one-time fee and distributes to 350+ outlets as much as you want for 3 yrs. There's no cost to release each single or album.

Most services charge for distribution. They sucker you in by saying membership is free but in the end you always seem to pay for something.

Another way to do it is selling your album through your own website, myspace site and spending your time there simply promoting traffic to go to your pages?

Yep there is some form of payment whether it be releases, fees, etc. But that's the way of the world. These places have expenses just like the next man. But as an artist you must be willing to invest in yourself. You do what you feel is best based on what accomplishments you want to make with your music. If it's paying cool, if it's not cool too. You know best about what you want to do. Much success!

Yep there is some form of payment whether it be releases, fees, etc. But that's the way of the world. These places have expenses just like the next man. But as an artist you must be willing to invest in yourself. You do what you feel is best based on what accomplishments you want to make with your music. If it's paying cool, if it's not cool too. You know best about what you want to do. Much success!

Well put DSR_CEO!

Back