Copyright Inf***ngement

soulfulmusic89

Battle Champion!
Ok so, maybe I'm just ranting. SoundCloud shut my account down due to "multiple claims" from Universal, Sony, Atlantic etc. their reasoning was because I was using their copyrighted material. I like to learn and remake popular songs for fun/practice. I have multiple remakes on YouTube with no problems. My question is: "is it illegal to remake a song?"

I'm not selling the song or making any money from them. It's just like when a DJ does a "chopped not slopped" version or someone does some extra instrumentation over a song..... Someone please explain.

And they wouldn't even let me explain or combat the issue

I'm not selling the song or making any money from them. It's just like when a DJ does a "chopped not slopped" version or someone does some extra instrumentation over a song..... Someone please explain.

Why in the hell are you making music for free? That is the better question. You are wasting time. I think they did you a favor. You need to come up with your own music and learn how to make money.

Interesting. I've read that link a few thousand times. I guess the real game is not to get "caught" Of all the covers, remixes, instrumentals out there I've never got a notification. I'll be mindful of this

Back