Copyright before posting online?

K

Khan88

Hey everybody,
been making lots and lots of music, but havent released it even on here yet because of the whole copyright thing.

I have read through the stickies and get the basics,
but will I be ok posting a song (or two or ten) on here and my website without copyrighting? It can be done within three months right?

I am asking to stay safe from plagerism, etc.

(because it costs the same to copyright a bunch of stuff at once so I would rather do that than one at a time)
Fill me in on any tips! I am excited to release some songs.

an old trick I learned put your beats on a cd then mail them to yourself and never open the package until its time for war lol put the track list with the name of the beats on there so you would know what on it

Hey everybody,
been making lots and lots of music, but havent released it even on here yet because of the whole copyright thing.

I have read through the stickies and get the basics,
but will I be ok posting a song (or two or ten) on here and my website without copyrighting? It can be done within three months right?

I am asking to stay safe from plagerism, etc.

(because it costs the same to copyright a bunch of stuff at once so I would rather do that than one at a time)
Fill me in on any tips! I am excited to release some songs.

You don't have to copyright your material (it's best to though). You can copyright whenever you like

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

an old trick I learned put your beats on a cd then mail them to yourself and never open the package until its time for war lol put the track list with the name of the beats on there so you would know what on it

This method holds no weight in court my friend. 99% of the judges out there will look at it and move on. Please don't continue to do this because if WAR as you put it really went down you'd be seriously outgunned vs a person who has remade your beat and has copyrighted the music or did not cp the music

Mail dates can be altered

I always register with the copyright office first. If it's worth stealing, pay the fee and get a bulk registration. And no, you don't have to, but it'll make your life a lot easier and give you some extra legal benefits if there is ever an issue.

Nooooooooooooo.

Back