copyright beats / join performance company ???????

hello,

after reading the beat tips manual ( best book for producer ) , i have two questions

do you always copyright your beats when send them out to A&R, Artist´s whatever??

i live in germany and we dont have a copyright office like in the USA, you dont have to register a copyright anywhere, but when someone stole your beats , you have to supply evidence that you are the owner of your beats

mostly i write the tracks are copyrighted because many people avoid then my beats because they know that iam the owner

other guys said that i have to register at the USA copyright office to be on the secure site

do you know how other countrys handle this, when everyone has his own copyright ??

another question when i copyright beats in USA, normally it cost about 40$, when nobody is interested in this beat, is my money lost, for what copyright beats when nobody is interested in it

another question, when is it time to join a perfomance company like ASAP, BMI etc.

as recently as I get money from royalies of my production
confused.png
THX

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-2012 at 12:18 PM ----------

not so many :bigeyes:

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-12-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

nobody can help?

do whatever you deem neccessary to protect your work
you can register copyright a group of beats at one time so I suggest doing that

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
While you can register a collection I would highly advise against it. You could be forced to give up your entire collection bc a publisher wants ONE SONG... It sucks that you need to pay per each song but it is the best way to ensure that copyright office views each song as an individual. When copyrighting a collection only one song is stamped. So someone may get away with stealing your song. Judge may even view your collection as one big song....and for the PROs. I would only register when you are expecting to collected royalties...not hoping to get royalties...you should already have songs on the radio or have songs published and on Itunes....for some strange reason ppl think they are superior to others bc they got an ascap card...my take is dont waste their time by registering if you have nothing to collect...but thats just my opinion...its is professional tho.

hello,

after reading the beat tips manual ( best book for producer ) , i have two questions

do you always copyright your beats when send them out to A&R, Artist´s whatever??

i live in germany and we dont have a copyright office like in the USA, you dont have to register a copyright anywhere, but when someone stole your beats , you have to supply evidence that you are the owner of your beats

mostly i write the tracks are copyrighted because many people avoid then my beats because they know that iam the owner

other guys said that i have to register at the USA copyright office to be on the secure site

do you know how other countrys handle this, when everyone has his own copyright ??

another question when i copyright beats in USA, normally it cost about 40$, when nobody is interested in this beat, is my money lost, for what copyright beats when nobody is interested in it

another question, when is it time to join a perfomance company like ASAP, BMI etc.

as recently as I get money from royalies of my production
confused.png
THX

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-2012 at 12:18 PM ----------

not so many :bigeyes:

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-12-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

nobody can help?

since you live in germany I would contact BMI, ASCAP and ask them directly on your concerns

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Back