Constructing my first website but how do i approach this and be successful?

dmajor100

Ive decided to finally construct a website to sell beat and expose myself as a producer to get a fan base and would like some tips. Im gonna do standard stuff like bio,pics,contacts,gear i use and beats that are for sale but this is the tricky part as I've been told. A fellow producer who constructs these websites is helping me with the ideas but he says to start with a personal website first instead of selling beats just to personalize myself with any fan of my music. The hardest thing for me is to get a fan beside the tiny bit of people that like a beat i post on Facebook or soundcloud.

I'd start by building a fan base/following as a member on a site with existing traffic. Then once people are checking for me, my next step would be to set up a website that is easy to navigate, not too cluttered and allows me to engage with my visitors. All the while promoting it using all avenues available to me.

Good Luck!

I agree... Build a fan base, but that doesn't mean you can't construct a website at the same time...

Try this... Construct a website that is personal and reaches out to the fans, but at the same time construct a website that markets to them and sells to them... Have the best of both worlds! Here's my website: www.dahtrump.com

On my website I have a home page that lets people kind of get hints of what I am about, then I have a blog that provides tips, announcements, music, and other random things, then I have a services page for services I offer, a portfolio to show who I've worked with with links to their work, then I have an about section so people who can know who I am, then I have a support section for people who have questions or just want to connect. Forgot to mention, my music section is where I sell my music.

Construct your website and make it look user friendly and attractive.

Last edited:
yes my friend told me that its a very bad impression just to throw a site that sells beats and then advertise it to people as a person just looking to make money off there hard earned money. He also stated to Put a logo as the seller instead of my name to let consumers know I'm about business and being more envolved and dedicated than the average seller. I do wanna write a bio or a sort of interview questions that i answer as why i believe I'm here making music and that no matter what to keep pushing threw your do fears to be the person you invasion. This would of course sell out to aspiring artist more than the already established artist who i know have some ego already.But when do i start selling beats and how should i construct it to sell them.Some questions that i need answer are

1. Do i sell just unmixed stems so the artist can arrange it has they please or should i sell two track that is mixed waiting for vocals and to be mastered by their engineers?

2.Do i even attempt to sell sampled beats that of course are not copyright or sampled cleared?

3.If i copyright my original material what copyright form do i fill out especially if I'm selling stems giving the artist the ability to change the way i constructed it?

Last edited:
Back