Collaborating with other producers???

Q

QueenOfBeats

Ok im curently collaborating with a producer and I want to sell the beat. What contract do I use for the producer im collaborating with?

There are no standard contracts for collaborations, rather it's with a producer or otherwise. I suggest calling an entertainment lawyer and asking them how you should approach this delicate situation. Or, just put the music out and worry about the details later.

Okay you just said "YOU" want to sell it. Does the other party wish the same? Only thing I could think of thats close is split sheets even though those are for final songs mostly.

From a legal stand-point the best thing to do would be to form a limited partnership agreement. This agreement would make the owner of the works this newly form company between the two of you. If you know that you will work together in the future this is a great choice. Easy to figure out who gets what and easy to dissolve when you are done doing business together.

If you want to go the basic contract route then I have a contract that will work for you. It is essentially a songwriter contract for joint ownership that was re-written for producers, artist, etc. So it will work as a collab agreement for producer & producer, artist & artist, artist & producer, etc. in its current wording. It also has a controlled composition clause for publishing so that one person can not take control of the product on their own. Both items are in the Collabs Bundle.....heres the link.

New Producer 101: The 101 Store

Keep in mind that no one contract works for every situation, so it is always best to get a lawyer involved in matters you are unsure about.

Ahh. Well Yea What @Himbeats said. If its small money like $300 just split in 50/50 and do the same with publishing.

Back