Clearing Vocals or accapellas for re release in a remix

Balearicwave

Hi Guys

We are tying to get in touch with "whoever it is" to clear or get permission to use an accapella from the mid 90's - in our new track.

So far - I have called Ariola Germany who was the original label - they were acquired by Sony UK. Went to Sony Music UK, filled in there licence form on their website - nothing back, then called and left several messages in their licensing department.

Then I went to the original publishers - BMG, it turns out that they were acquired by Universal!! GREAT... another several emails and voice messages later - again nothing.

I contacted a UK Licensing company "who were quite helpful" in telling me that "According to the PRS database it is published by Rode Ster (Red Star) music in the Netherlands....... I can’t find anything about Rode Ster though"

So now i am at a very frustrating end of my tether and not sure what to do??

Can anyone help?

Your options are limited

1. You wait until you get a response. Remember, they don't have to grant the license
2. Hire a third party. Sometimes they reply sooner with experienced agencies
3. Release it anyway and get their attention
4. Move on

that's really all you can do

Your options are limited

1. You wait until you get a response. Remember, they don't have to grant the license
2. Hire a third party. Sometimes they reply sooner with experienced agencies
3. Release it anyway and get their attention
4. Move on

that's really all you can do

pretty much as i thought to be honest - thanks for replying! - what a ball barker - the track is sounding pretty good too!

Back