Can ya'll producers/beatmakers help me with this (beats)

KanyeDrake

I'm a beginner recording artist, I do rap and hip hop and r&b and I want to release an album sometime in the future and I want to do it "legitly". Like I want to buy beats and the licenses and all that. But I don't know where to start. I'm a huge fan of those youtube producers/ type beat producers. they have great beats I'm interested in just to help me get started. I don't really know how to make beats but I'm willing to learn. I should be getting new studio equipment, about $3,400 worth of equipment. controllers, keyboard, microphone, interface and all that. I've never owned a studio before. I've only been in one and some of my friend's studios. Anyways when I checkout these youtube producers websites they always have different type of leases. the first one is an MP3 Lease. The second one is a WAV Lease. The third one is a WAV Trackout Lease. And the fourth one is the Exclusive. Not every producer have the same name for the licenses but this just an example. For a beginner recording artist like me, which license should I purchase if I want to drop an album on Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Youtube etc... I want to make money off my music and collect my royalties.

So what license would you recommend and how much do you think I should pay for the license.

Any help is appreciated

If you are going to go that route, and you have the budget, I would go with the exclusives. But you might be better served by waiting awhile until you can get started making your own original material, or find a collaborator to work with, so your songs are copyright-ready in a more traditional sense. The whole "industry leasing" thing is ill-advised in light of traditional copyright and publishing policy and procedures, IMHO, and could lead to legal trouble down the road. Just my (somewhat experienced) opinion!

Back