Can upload date on an Online platform be considered as legal evidence?

OriginalPromise

So lets say you published a song on 9/28/2009 on YouTube or Soundcloud, and somebody infringed copyright on your song later in time. If you prove account ownership and publishing date to court, would this be enough to claim ownership of a track?
(I know registering a track is recommended, but just asking...)

Additional Question: Would the same term apply for digital artwork like Logos and other creations?

publication is usually the first step in establishing copyright, in most cases that publication is the rendering to a physical or external medium

whether the US courts will accept is difficult to say: your best bet would be to do a google search on music copyright law and publication dates

better yet

consult an attorney who is obligated to give you a valid opinion within your legal system (someone you pay for an opinion and who is licensed to practice law)

So lets say you published a song on 9/28/2009 on YouTube or Soundcloud, and somebody infringed copyright on your song later in time. If you prove account ownership and publishing date to court, would this be enough to claim ownership of a track?
(I know registering a track is recommended, but just asking...)

Additional Question: Would the same term apply for digital artwork like Logos and other creations?

My guess is yes, however, it would be better to file with the LOC to end any concerns you have with legal copyrights...

Back