Can I sell beats with samples??

BizziMusic

Am I legally able to sell beats that contain samples WITHOUT having the samples cleared? I have beats that I have made with samples from other popular songs. I wondered if I can sell the beat, but let the buyer know that it contains samples and that it's up to the buyer to have them cleared. Can i sell the beat strictly as an arrangement? Any info greatly appreciated.

Am I legally able to sell beats that contain samples WITHOUT having the samples cleared? I have beats that I have made with samples from other popular songs. I wondered if I can sell the beat, but let the buyer know that it contains samples and that it's up to the buyer to have them cleared. Can i sell the beat strictly as an arrangement? Any info greatly appreciated.

The answer is yes just make sure your contract states that the buyer is responsible for clearing the sample(s) that are used

The issues with selling sampled music is that once the music makes a real profit, the owners of that music tend to find out.
It's a matter of those who contributed to the finished product want a cut of the money being made.
If you are selling $20 leases to a handful of people, there usually is no concern.
When you sell the track to an artist signed to a record label for a large sum of money, and/or royalties from publishing you find your situation is different.

I think that if good money is being made from music someone else had a part in, the sampled musician, then I believe everyone deserves a cut of the profit.

Some of the best music has been made over beats with samples, but in the end the choice is yours.

Yeah BeatBrokerz is right. I use to make sampled beats all the time, but I stop making them so much because I had no way of clearing them and notice that there was really no way to separate myself from other producers that were sampling. But recently I was a studio with one of my producer/engineer friend and he told me I could sell them I would just have to let the artist know in the contract that he/she is responsible for clearing the sample.

Back