Can I make a temporary contract for my beats if I'm on a budget until?

tazdatrufe

Everything goes up on sales and all? I just recently made a contract for my self on leasing rights/exclusive rights and was wondering would this be effective when/if it comes down to copyright infringement from Artists that purchase my beats?. I had also recently sent my beats up at the copyright.gov site to be evaluated for the certificate already and I want to get this site I made up and running already. I just spent almost my whole budget this month to get everything up and running. I was just wondering would this work?

where the contract ....who did it just you??
if you're really confused about the legal standing of your contract I would
1.get your site up right now
2.network,network,network,network,network,network!!!!!(online & offline)
a.make business asscioates with skills u can use in the present & the future(ppl with actual businesses)
b.make friends of those business asscioates
c.make friends with other musicians ppl who play instruments:piano,bass guitar,violin,etc...
3.Start getting your instrumentals on sites like
Pmp,pumpaudio,sign up on blazetrak,taxi(the world's large independent A&R company) this site if use correctly and decent marketing and networking will get you into situations of getting your music into films,tv shows,commercials,and beyond
4.GET A ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER ON RETAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this should actually be number 1
soon as you can I would call up a local entertainment lawyer and ask if you can fax him or drop off your contract for review and ask how much for this actual service of review
and once he review and if he finds flaws or where things should be done differently setup for his contract writing skills
be sure to attach another sheet of paper of what your goals are for the contract to cover
present and future goals
this way the ent. lawyer can make sure your cover legally
a.make sure it's for lease and exclusive rights situations
b.build a relationship with this ent. lawyer be professional and know what you want to do with your business

I don't know your educational and experience background but this is just a simple outline
if you need one on one help contact me..
and we call talk on skype..just sign up for a account on skype that's how I talk to folks and you can set it up on your smartphone

don't have a smartphone you need to get one...that way you can show off your sites and instrumentals at any given time
keep some headphones on you
and this tip came from a good friend and business associate here on FP
JC Producer check him out he has great information and skill to help you as well
my information is here
HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | THE WALKING ON WATER MEDIA/ENT COACH/BUSINESS SERVICES

if you can't afford a lawyer right now, the truth is you probably don't really need one. once your music starts generating money, then you will know its time to get a lawyer.

My brother-in-law is an entertainment lawyer based out of LA. I paid him to help me write up a total of 85 of the most used contracts in the music business. I sell them all for $50 (link is in my sig) or I sell them in groups of 10 for only $6.99. This is way cheaper than a lawyer and way cheaper than what I paid him, but I am just trying to sell them to at least make my money back. These contracts are fully customizable for any situation, plus when you get them you now know what the contract should look like and what LEGALLY needs to be in there and what doesn't. So rather you use them as is or as a template it is well worth the money. You can check them out here on my site New Producer 101: The 101 Store

Back