Buying fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davidnoakes

Is it a good idea to buy fans from some of these websites that are out there? Do they actually work?

Has anyone had any good experience with any websites? I am open to trying this but i want one that has results and with targeted fans that actually interact with the page!

well there are loads in google, i won't be able to post any links but if you search in google there are a number of sites but just wondering if people have had any experience with them? They offer services such as buying facebook likes, twitter followers, youtube views etc.

well there are loads in google, i won't be able to post any links but if you search in google there are a number of sites but just wondering if people have had any experience with them? They offer services such as buying facebook likes, twitter followers, youtube views etc.

you don't have to post "links"...just type the sites

Yeah there are a TON of them out there.....a few come to mind....like... bulkfans.com.....marketingheaven.net.....twoopl.com

I have never used them but have worked with artist that have. Like everything...there are good ones and there are bad ones. I would make sure that they offer targeted fans. It does you no good to add 1000 fans to your facebook that are interested in jewelry making and NOT music. Also, shop around and get a good price. Check to see what one place charges and then compare them to another for the best deal. It is a good way to market yourself if done correctly.

Oh yeah...also ask to speak to someone that has used the site so you can get a real option on the service. Some of these places are rip offs and just take your money...BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think its better to grow it naturally but just thinking if it is possible to get good results by using a service that can actually get targetted music lovers.

Naturally and organic is always better, but it is slower too. You know the saying GOOD, CHEAP & FAST.....you can only pick two!

I might do a test run and write a blog article on it like a 90 day test because 30 days may not give you enough data to safety makes a good assessment.

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

but are those the one's that the O.P. was referring to?

OR

all they all the same??

Yeah I am not sure if these are the ones that the OP was talking about, but as far as I know they are pretty much all the same. They will give you X amount of facebook fans (for example) for X amount of money. So lets say I will give you 1000 new fans and you give me say 100 bucks.

And let them play with you like a puppet? **** that.

actually licensing is the new cash cow for a lot of producers getting your music in films,movies,TV shows,commericals,video games... using a third-party such as taxi,pumpaudio,rumblefish etc.....
I read many times of ppl making $100,000 to $250,000 a year off of licensing their music and sound design as well

buying fans is like putting a sock in the your pants or tissue paper in a bra ....fake it to you make it situation
it's like going to a car dealership they say you need to establish credit before we can sell you a car then come back when you have credit but how are you going to establish credit unless companies take a chance on you right

how do you get customers to take you up on services/products?
so buying fans (no one would know) is building credibility(credit) when ppl are coming by your website

I'm working on posting positive comments on my services on my site which I think it important to build trust with first time visitors

Last edited:
actually licensing is the new cash cow for a lot of producers getting your music in films,movies,TV shows,commericals,video games... using through a third-party such as taxi,pumpaudio,rumblefish etc.....
I read many time ppl making $100,000 to $250,000 a year off of licensing their music and sound design as well

buying fans is like putting a sock in the your pants or tissue paper in a bra ....fake it to you make it situation
it's like going to a car dealership they say you need to establish credit and then come back but how are you going to establish credit unless companies take a chance on you

so buying fans (no one would know) is building credibility(credit) when ppl are coming by your website

I'm working on posting positive comments on my services on my site which I think it important to build trust with first time visitors

The fan idea is great. Buying fans boosts your respect as a musician, gaining you more fans. I'm talking about labels and companies, most will play you like a hand in Texas Hold Em.

really?

how do you know?

research and you'll find the same answer sir
but it's nothing new to producers only new to rap producers
before there's was internet sites like rumblefish,pumpaudio,taxi producers were making good money on licensing their music..it was just a little harder to find a third-party to link you up with music supervisor etc....

not more than SOUNDCLICK though...right?

no you need third party companies that specialize in linking music with those who need the music
you can also try cold emailing/calling music supervisors too
I'll have some interviews up in a few weeks with ppl who do nothing but license their music full time
taxi in my opinion is the best option
why because those who want your music contact you back personally which is your chance to build a working relationship with that music supervisor
you do have to pay for a year's membership and pay for the daily blast plan if you plan to make a career out of it
more opportunities for those who have diverse music in their catalogs

Last edited:
It is very easy to make 100 k a year licensing your music. Okay...wait I take that back...it is not EASY, but much easier than trying to make the same numbers at the Soundclick game yet 99.9% of the people making hip hop music are doing just that. It is sad really. Unless you are SSO, Johnny, Beats Planet, Kajmir or somebody like that who stays on the top ten, then you are not making the money....Soundclick is! We gotta do the math here folks. Bottomline is that there are over 4 million members on Soundclick. Now lets say a quarter of those people are on VIP (thats 10 dollars a month). A quarter would be 1 million people.....so that's 10 million dollars a month!! $120 million dollars a year!! Run the numbers on some of the beat battle sites and you will find out pretty much the same thing. These sites make money of hopeless dreams of making it.

I am not going to share numbers here and I don't even do it full time because I am a mix engineer, but just selling sound fxs (doors closing, kids laughing, etc., etc) for movies and licensing stuff for software companies does much better than people think. Like tone said through it is nothing new about making more licensing then beat hustling it is just that the folks doing hip hop fall for the same okie doke and guys doing other genres are sweep up the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back