Buying fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Himbeats you are a smart dude, you definitely know what your talking about

I Had to find this out the hard way lol, the beat-selling game has two sides..networking and selling to serious rap artists, and making a building a "beat selling business" marketing to the "I hope I make it bigl" group.

If you want to sell your beats, license them to independent record labels and rap artists already shopping their music themselves, build a clientele and keep up with them.

I mean no disrespect when I say this but most of the "I hope I make it big" group is full of s**t. The conversion rate for sales is so low, you have to spend more marketing than what you get back. JJ is getting only 2 or 3 sales a day and look at all the traffic he gets. I bet most of the people coming to his page are the "i hope i make it big" group.

Last edited:
Himbeats you are a smart dude, you definitely know what your talking about

I Had to find this out the hard way lol, the beat-selling game has two sides..networking and selling to serious rap artists, and making a building a "beat selling business" marketing to the "I hope I make it bigl" group.

If you want to sell your beats, license them to independent record labels and rap artists already shopping their music themselves, build a clientele and keep up with them.

I mean no disrespect when I say this but most of the "I hope I make it big" group is full of s**t. The conversion rate for sales is so low, you have to spend more marketing than what you get back. JJ is getting only 2 or 3 sales a day and look at all the traffic he gets. I bet most of the people coming to his page are the "i hope i make it big" group.
I just wanted ppl not to mix this up...you probably didn't mean too sir.

leasing instrumentals=selling beats to artists mostly example soundclick

lcensing instrumentals=allowing music supervisors of tv,film,commercials to use your music example rumblefish,pumpaudio,taxi

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Majestic Mastermind
you have to spend more marketing than what you get back

yes marketing campaigns can be a hit and miss
that's why it's important to watch your ROI by using gathering data and analyze the data to find out where the loose holes are and where to swift your efforts to which gives you a better chance at maximizing your ROI

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

leasing instrumentals=selling beats to artists mostly example soundclick

lcensing instrumentals=allowing music supervisors of tv,film,commercials to use your music example rumblefish,pumpaudio,taxi

WRONG...

sorry but i have to CORRECT your CORRECTION.

it's ALL "LICENSING".

no such thing as LEASING...

not to DISS - but you should know that by now, sir -

WRONG...

sorry but i have to CORRECT your CORRECTION.

it's ALL "LICENSING".

no such thing as LEASING...

not to DISS - but you should know that by now, sir -

in general terms when ppl use sounclick they lease their music

when ppl license their music they usually are having business with music supervisors of tv,film,commericals
was my point

I understand it's all licensing sir

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

...good...

yeah lol you know most call it leasing when dealing with artists and sounclick/myflashstore/isellbetternow

and
most call it licensing when pumpaudio,taxi,rumblefish

you should be getting that doom music of your into video games

yeah but people shouldnt call it leasing cause its not really what it is you should call it giving the person non exclusive rights to use your music or providing them with a non-exclusive license.

Im no expert thats just how I understand it.

Last edited:
I am not sure if these are the ones that the OP was talking about,but as far as i know they are pretty much all the same.and i totally agreed with this forum.and i think that this forum is very informative for you and for your family.

I have had mixed results with these types of websites. While getting a lot of new fans for cheap can be a good deal just by making your page seem more popular, you also have to realize that even though some of these websites say they are targeted...a lot of them aren't.

So while you get a few thousand fans, a good percentage of them aren't going to give your page a second thought (and possibly not even a first one)

I know what you are talking about. I have tried this out to see if it would work. I paid 40$ for 500 facebook likes. 40$ is nothing so I gave it a shot. Basically, it's advertised. Advertising is just telling people that you're there. That's it. If you do try this out, you're going to just be sitting there, thumb up ass, waiting for that next play, view, or like. They're just distrubuted to random people, so you would just be hoping for a great outcome when actually there won't be one. Hope that made sense.

Probably not a good idea to 'buy' fans...then they aren't really fans right?

What do you need these fans for? Are they for social proof? If so, you can always go through the Facebook and buy a few ads to get the likes. I am not sure of the other services but Facebook is probably the most even ground for getting 'fans' fast with ok quality. I say ok loosely but it's probably better than 90% of the services out there.

fake fans are fake fans: as bad as liking your own tracks in a forum by using alternative accounts (gets you banned quick at fp when we discover it happening btw)

necro-posting in old threads are also a dead give away that something is not quite what it seems

closing thread as the last three posts are dubious at best and prior to those more than a year had passed...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back