Blogs.

Derek-James

Whats up people, I am trying to start a blog. I am just wondering what kind of content i should put. Also wondering how active i should post on it. Like everyday? 3 times a week? thanks in advance!

Well, the content is what YOU want it to be.

I'll assume it's a music blog, so I'd say you want to mix things up a bit. Talk about artists and records you like, indie and major. Try to get some artist or producer interviews. Live performance videos. Products (gear, headphones, apps, etc) related to the genre of music you're discussing.

As for frequency, that's up to you. If you go everyday, you'll be under the gun to create new content very quickly. Weekly would work for me. Every few days if you have the content. If it's an odd schedule, try to let your readers know what it is so they know when to expect something new from you.

I'll assume it's a music blog, so I'd say you want to mix things up a bit. Talk about artists and records you like, indie and major. Try to get some artist or producer interviews. Live performance videos. Products (gear, headphones, apps, etc) related to the genre of music you're discussing.

As for frequency, that's up to you. If you go everyday, you'll be under the gun to create new content very quickly. Weekly would work for me. Every few days if you have the content. If it's an odd schedule, try to let your readers know what it is so they know when to expect something new from you.

I agree with this guy. but just out of curiosity, why do you want to start a blog? were you inspired, have you something new to offer, etc? how are you at communicating with people? do you love to write?

Thanks man. I appreciate the advice. Weekly would sound about right for me.

I agree with this guy. but just out of curiosity, why do you want to start a blog? were you inspired, have you something new to offer, etc? how are you at communicating with people? do you love to write?

Yeah I basically want to reach out to more producers/artists. I want to share knowledge and techniques about the industry. Also to network with more people.

Yeah I basically want to reach out to more producers/artists. I want to share knowledge and techniques about the industry. Also to network with more people.

Well that sounds good to me. Do you have a way of staying connected once you launch like a newsletter or something?

Back