Blogging

Spud388

Hey guys, quick question. I just made a Tumblr, but so far I haven't seen where it's a useful tool for me to establish myself as a producer or spread word about my music. I was just wondering, is there a general guideline that musicians follow when making their blogs? I have no idea how to even get a follower at the moment.

Thanks so much in advance, guys.

Blogging is a great way to share your ideas, experiences, music and other content. However, you'll need to update is often and consistently in order to gain the attention of readers. The first step to gaining blog followers is to share the stuff people want to read about. Remember, those who are interested in your thoughts on particular subject matters will want to learn about you. Choose your blog topics carefully and become active in the tumblr community. A blog is best used for gaining readers and converting them into customers. Keep in mind that you'll get more results from a blog if it's placed on your own web server. IMO, you can gain traffic to your site by using the tools I blog about. You'll also want to learn SEO and SMO strategies.

Hey guys, quick question. I just made a Tumblr, but so far I haven't seen where it's a useful tool for me to establish myself as a producer or spread word about my music. I was just wondering, is there a general guideline that musicians follow when making their blogs? I have no idea how to even get a follower at the moment.

Thanks so much in advance, guys.

I agree with producer JC, you should start a blog on your own server. I've made a full step-by-step guide on how to make a blog that will make you an authority in the eyes of anyone that comes to your blog.

Focus on creating useful information, not changing traffic to sales. A great way to start is by documenting your pursuit on your blog. People will respect the honesty, hold yourself accountable to your blog as if there were thousands of readers a day expecting you to continue growth. Once you have enough readers, then focus on monetizing. Making your blog "cool" is an asset that cannot be bought, so keep it no-strings-attached until you have a loyal fanbase.

People are dying for this kind of information. Look for other people that have blogs on the same topic as you and collaborate with them.

Last edited:
I agree with producer JC, you should start a blog on your own server. I've made a full step-by-step guide on how to make a blog that will make you an authority in the eyes of anyone that comes to your blog.

Focus on creating useful information, not changing traffic to sales. A great way to start is by documenting your pursuit on your blog. People will respect the honesty, hold yourself accountable to your blog as if there were thousands of readers a day expecting you to continue growth. Once you have enough readers, then focus on monetizing. Making your blog "cool" is an asset that cannot be bought, so keep it no-strings-attached until you have a loyal fanbase.

People are dying for this kind of information. Look for other people that have blogs on the same topic as you and collaborate with them.

Thanks man, I tried to follow your link but the site wasn't working.

Thanks for the responses guys

I'm unable to see the page also.
Well I'm glad you guys let me know, and I have something new to write about in the future.

I was testing a plugin that was recommended to me called WP-Stats for wordpress, apparently it can cause issues with the visibility of your website to some people. I'll definitely tell my readers to steer clear.

Site is back up

Last edited:
Well I'm glad you guys let me know, and I have something new to write about in the future.

I was testing a plugin that was recommended to me called WP-Stats for wordpress, apparently it can cause issues with the visibility of your website to some people. I'll definitely tell my readers to steer clear.

Site is back up

nice blog man
I'm working on the revamp my blog style now
by the end of summer I'll have my schedule down and some video of myself as well

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Blog commenting is a sort of internet marketing which is done for the advertisement of blogs. First there comes domain name and then step by step process comes. Usually, it is done to get the popularity of the site.

Blog commenting is a sort of internet marketing which is done for the advertisement of blogs. First there comes domain name and then step by step process comes. Usually, it is done to get the popularity of the site.
Yes, blog commenting is still pretty effective if you can provide any value to the readers that was not already posted in the blog post.

Guest posting is making a serious come-back. That's something that I'm hoping to make an avenue for with some of the relationships that I'm building.

Yeah, blog commenting works quite well as long as you are adding value and not just there to drop your link.

Guest articles work in building your brand and business relationship too, make sure you are doing your guest article on the right websites tho. What I mean by that is make sure they are high quality blogs with traffic and pagerank so that your articles will be seen.

Last edited:
Some really good points from everyone. From what it sounds like, your blog should be an extension of yourself to showcase to the world what you're all about.

Tumblr is alright because it's pretty straight forward in terms of set up. However, you don't get as much flexibility in customizing the look and functions of what you want your site to do. Same if you go for a stock wordpress blog.

However, as seveneleven247 pointed out, getting your own site is probably the key in controlling your music destiny. You own it and you can do whatever you want with it. For this you could probably use the wordpress blog software (don't get this confused with the the wordpress blog website that hosts a bajillion blogs from around the world.

Just remember that blogging will take some time. I've been doing it for over 5 years over many blogs. You'll need to post and commit to it for the long run. Think of it as a way to build a fan base and way to show case your personality.

Some really good points from everyone. From what it sounds like, your blog should be an extension of yourself to showcase to the world what you're all about.

Tumblr is alright because it's pretty straight forward in terms of set up. However, you don't get as much flexibility in customizing the look and functions of what you want your site to do. Same if you go for a stock wordpress blog.

However, as seveneleven247 pointed out, getting your own site is probably the key in controlling your music destiny. You own it and you can do whatever you want with it. For this you could probably use the wordpress blog software (don't get this confused with the the wordpress blog website that hosts a bajillion blogs from around the world.

Just remember that blogging will take some time. I've been doing it for over 5 years over many blogs. You'll need to post and commit to it for the long run. Think of it as a way to build a fan base and way to show case your personality.

Yes, that's absolutely correct I agree!

Thanks everyone, definitely gonna buy a separate domain. Just playing with ideas now. Thinking about doing a blog where I either share knowledge about producing some of the less common genres in Ableton Live, since I rarely find Ableton tutorials for them. And I was thinking about also making side articles about my experiences and knowledge from producing with no money/equipment/resources.

Thanks everyone, definitely gonna buy a separate domain. Just playing with ideas now. Thinking about doing a blog where I either share knowledge about producing some of the less common genres in Ableton Live, since I rarely find Ableton tutorials for them. And I was thinking about also making side articles about my experiences and knowledge from producing with no money/equipment/resources.

That's an awesome idea, let us know when you put it up so we can check it out!

That's an awesome idea, let us know when you put it up so we can check it out!

I have to agree tons of FL Studio tutorials not many Ableton Live vids

blessings in your new adventure sir
keep us updated

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Spud388 - It sounds like you're on to something. It's going to be a long road but it will definitely pay off if you stick to it.

If you don't have it already, consider using Camtasia to record your beat making!

Offer unique and original content. If you wouldn't waste your time reading your own posts, then no one else will. IMO beatmakers and producers are other producers biggest fans. I.E. we all idolize and love some established or talented producer. So try to cater to the music production community.

Back