A blog i did aimed at independant artists

Nice spot to make music in.

Blog looks a little generic (& free) still.

I'm not sure how many people will read the info. People are super lazy now.

So... turn on your mic and just say everything you want to say and then just upload the audio. That way people can take it with them if they download it. They'll still get the info.

IceBoy is shooting vids because he likes to look at himself, nobody is going to download vids to rewatch. You can even put background music behind what you say.

Have your own "audio series".

I'm afraid of walls of text now, even though I make them from time to time.

nice setup sir.

So... turn on your mic and just say everything you want to say and then just upload the audio. That way people can take it with them if they download it. They'll still get the info.

IceBoy is shooting vids because he likes to look at himself, nobody is going to download vids to rewatch. You can even put background music behind what you say.

Yeah, its in my bedroom but you know i make it work haha.

And I have the video too, it says basically the same shit. Im working on getting better quality. Thats a good ass idea about the audio though, cause I can do that. I appreciate the tips and comments!

And also, what should I do about my blog? Its not free lol

Last edited:
Yeah, its in my bedroom but you know i make it work haha.

And I have the video too, it says basically the same shit. Im working on getting better quality. Thats a good ass idea about the audio though, cause I can do that. I appreciate the tips and comments!

And also, what should I do about my blog? Its not free lol

I don't know, I'm a big stickler for looks, lol. I want something attention grabbing but polished.

Other people probably won't even mind but it does have the "Oh, another blog..." look.

On the audio downloads, make sure you have some reference sheet of stuff you want to talk about, don't be afraid to hit the pause button and go back and do a retake if you mess up. You should treat it like a hybrid. Sort of like those blogs that have text and a link that says "click here to read more" except you start out with a little text and then have a link that says "click here to listen to more or dowload for later" <<<<--- have it sound better than that though, lol.

That way you aren't bogged down with typing, typo's, and people trailing off. Hell, you could even say "Instrumental Included" then people will download it to hear the instrumental at the end or something. You could also just record what you want to say on your phone beforehand and then go regurgitate it and record it for real when you make something you want to upload. Get iRecord if you have an Apple Device or Easy Recorder if you have an Android phone. Both have a PAUSE button WHICH IS REALLY KEY!!!!, you won't ramble... just pause.

You might be able to take the audio right from your phone and filter out the ugly parts and use that. Who knows.

Make sure you have a section for feedback - even though most people won't offer any.

Don't just talk like a reporter - put some SWAG!!!!!! in it. Imagine you're a radio station DJ.

I say all of this because I'm doing one too, lol. It's the new wave. Everybody is lazy. They want to wash their car and listen to your info at the same time. They aren't going to sit there and read.

Last edited:
I don't know, I'm a big stickler for looks, lol. I want something attention grabbing but polished.

Other people probably won't even mind but it does have the "Oh, another blog..." look.

On the audio downloads, make sure you have some reference sheet of stuff you want to talk about, don't be afraid to hit the pause button and go back and do a retake if you mess up. You should treat it like a hybrid. Sort of like those blogs that have text and a link that says "click here to read more" except you start out with a little text and then have a link that says "click here to listen to more or dowload for later" <<<<--- have it sound better than that though, lol.

That way you aren't bogged down with typing, typo's, and people trailing off. Hell, you could even say "Instrumental Included" then people will download it to hear the instrumental at the end or something. You could also just record what you want to say on your phone beforehand and then go regurgitate it and record it for real when you make something you want to upload. Get iRecord if you have an Apple Device or Easy Recorder if you have an Android phone. Both have a PAUSE button WHICH IS REALLY KEY!!!!, you won't ramble... just pause.

You might be able to take the audio right from your phone and filter out the ugly parts and use that. Who knows.

Make sure you have a section for feedback - even though most people won't offer any.

Don't just talk like a reporter - put some SWAG!!!!!! in it.

I say all of this because I'm doing one too, lol. It's the new wave. Everybody is lazy. They want to wash their car and listen to your info at the same time. They aren't going to sit there and read.

Oh trust me, i know most MF dont wanna read a damn thing. Thats why i started doin the vids. Thats a big step for my shy ass.

Speakin on your hybrid idea, you know what I think I might do? I might have say....a short video....BARELY touching on what I wanna talk about and then say if you want to download a x:xx audio where I elaborate further on the subject, AND receive some a free beat, all you have to do is sign up for my mailing list! Then have a little box below.

I will use 1shoppingcart for the mailing list, I just gotta go to this court date on monday and see what kinda fee's my lawyer is talking about before i drop dough for the autoresponder.

Cool to chop it up about this. Always fun to brainstorm with like minded individuals.

And I feel you on the blog. Im doing everything myself and Im not a coder so Im just trying to make shit work. Plus this damn school but after this semester im blessed enough to be in a position where I can do this full time. So im tryna do some big thangga thang thangs hahaha

Last edited:

I'm going to have to run with this idea

One for free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Back