Biggest over-looked element to early success in the music industry

ooobrey

I put together this video to talk about an element that's almost always overlooked in the music business conversation, but it highly impacts how quickly you become successful in the music industry.

I Hope this helps beginner producers save the time I could have when I started.
You can also watch the video through this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiH3UuAmoSs

How do we form partnerships with the right people?

Firstly, thanks for watching man.

First step is to know exactly what your goal is as an artist. What do you see yourself doing with music in the next 5-10 years. You need to be specific too. Knowing your true self is actually the hardest part of finding the right partner.

Here are some steps to weed out the crooks or non-serious people. It may be a little unusual, but this will work 99% of the time:

1. Pay attention to how much money and time they invest in music or the music business itself. This is probably the best out in front way you can tell if someone is serious.

2. Find out their real intentions or goals by asking the right questions the right way. After I have met someone on several occasions and I'm attracted to their personality, I straight up ask them what are their true goals and passions. This is a more accepted way of asking them "what do they intend to do in the end with their life" They usually won't say up front, but if you keep asking that question in different ways they'll eventually open up to you and show you who they are. If they are a producer, rapper, singer, manager or whatever, that's what they are on the surface, but not in reality. You need to find out what's their end game without flat out asking it in the beginning, because they may get offended if you do.

3. Watch how they interact with others in reality and on social media. See what they truly spend their time doing, talking about or posting. If it's music, you know you both have that commonality. But if they tell you they are really into music, but you only witness them talking about it with you or they are active on social media and never post anything about music, then they are probably not being honest with you and they can't be trusted yet.

4. Look for consistency by repeating steps 1, 2 and 3 every few months. People's intentions change sometimes because of outside influence so you have to keep checking up on them. For example, Dame Dash was the "right person" for Jay-Z, bc he wouldn't be Hov today if it weren't for his help from Dash. However, they aren't together anymore and don't get along. So the "right people" may not be "right" forever, but they can still add value to your life as long as you both still value each other's goals. You keep asking them about their goals, every few months to make sure they still feel the same. If your goals align and they show consistency in their actions, they should be on your list for a potential business partner. They have to value the goal you have set in your mind for yourself just as much as you do. That's the key to any serious relationships.

If you have question about any of the steps, I'll be glad to post answers man.

Cheers!

Back