Best website for placements, any of these?

triplea3xa

Are any of these sites good for placements and if so what are your experiences?

• taxi.com
  • Pmpworldwide
  • iStandardproducers.com
  • Broadjam
  • SonicBids
  • Other?

Don't know about all of them, but I wouldn't go with Broadjam. Believe me, you won't see any good results even if you were Quincy Jones. I've heard some bad things about Taxi, too. At the end of the day, someone will get a placement through these companies. But look at it, as like winning the lottery. Are you the lucky one?

I never got any direct placements from Broadjam, but my music was selected by a bunch of library owners that I still work with to this day. And those libraries do get my songs placed. So the opportunity is there.

That said, none of those sites guarantee anything, except that you will have the chance to pitch your music. You're going to be in a group of sometimes hundreds of other musicians, just from one of those sites, all going for the same placement. And of those hundreds, many will offer professional-grade music. If there are submission fees, those with more money to spend will submit more tracks. Just a few examples of how competitive those sites can be. But overall, there are people who have various levels of success with those services.

There is no best my friend. It all comes down to whether or not your music is a fit for the buyer on the other side and that's not something any site can control.

Either you have what the client wants or you don't.

With that said, the only one I use that you've listed, with success, is Taxi.

I never got any direct placements from Broadjam, but my music was selected by a bunch of library owners that I still work with to this day. And those libraries do get my songs placed. So the opportunity is there.

That said, none of those sites guarantee anything, except that you will have the chance to pitch your music. You're going to be in a group of sometimes hundreds of other musicians, just from one of those sites, all going for the same placement. And of those hundreds, many will offer professional-grade music. If there are submission fees, those with more money to spend will submit more tracks. Just a few examples of how competitive those sites can be. But overall, there are people who have various levels of success with those services.
I got selected several times as well, but you spend so much money on opportunities sometimes you don't even get considered. There's cheaper ways to get placements, paying people to listen to your music sounds too wrong me. And then they act like they're doing you a favor with their membership deals. You pay like hundreds of dollars for an upgraded yearly membership (don't have a problem with that). They still want you to pay $5-$10 per opportunity. On top of that they got these packages (don't remember the pricing) that allow you to submit to a number of opportunities for free. Funny thing is you have to pay to enable this possibility. There's just something foul about the way they handle their business. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying NO ONE will ever get placements! And it's not their fault that you're won't get selected. YOU the artist, are responsible for your actions. That's why I'm warning people who want to pay for these companies. You can't blame them for your failures! Save your money for more profitable investments. Pay for more views for your Youtube videos, start a Facebook campaign, adwords, etc.

I got selected several times as well, but you spend so much money on opportunities sometimes you don't even get considered. There's cheaper ways to get placements, paying people to listen to your music sounds too wrong me. And then they act like they're doing you a favor with their membership deals. You pay like hundreds of dollars for an upgraded yearly membership (don't have a problem with that). They still want you to pay $5-$10 per opportunity. On top of that they got these packages (don't remember the pricing) that allow you to submit to a number of opportunities for free. Funny thing is you have to pay to enable this possibility. There's just something foul about the way they handle their business. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying NO ONE will ever get placements! And it's not their fault that you're won't get selected. YOU the artist, are responsible for your actions. That's why I'm warning people who want to pay for these companies. You can't blame them for your failures! Save your money for more profitable investments. Pay for more views for your Youtube videos, start a Facebook campaign, adwords, etc.

I agree that the submission fees can add up. But they do offer other services included with their membership fee - website hosting, sales platform, and more. It is what it is, but I do not label it a scam or anything like that. As of this past March, I actually opted out of their membership and haven't been on there much since. I was introduced to some good contacts thru the site, and now I have more knowledge and opportunity to get my music directly to clients, as opposed to using "middleman" services.

Don't want to trash anyone, but I'm signed up for iStandard (lifetime membership), and its a waste of time imo. It's one of the things I don't use to this day that I spent $$ on earlier in my career. Broadjam is useless.

Taxi, on the other hand I've actually heard great things about from composers I work for and work with. It's worth it if you make good music catered to TV/film. Don't know about the others.

If King-Vis means actually paying for views (as in 10,000 for $10)...

Don't do it. Faking it until you make it doesn't actually work.

Cheers,
Jordan

I agree on that its better to get adsense than pay for views. I disagree on Facebook marketing I kind of trying to distance myself from them.

Back