Best web store yet - If free to sell your music - they take no cut

B

biggrome

... couldn't edit the title...

If you're a hater, please don't use this info.

I'm not sure how long this has been out but you can sign up with your Soundcloud account and sell entire sets or individual songs. I know there are million webstores but they want money every month or a cut of your sales.

It has these options...

Tweet to download
Exchange for email
Fixed Price
Fans set price and
Stream Only

It has an embed code too, so you can embed the store on your Soundclick page... (here's what an embedded store looks like) - of course your graphics will be better.

... and if you have something stupid to add. Save yourself the keystrokes...

Here it is - just spreading the word... I just signed up. Even though I really have nothing for sale...

VibeDeck - Sell Your Music Online

Here's my page - I was too lazy to add a header... maybe later...

Online Music Production

I would suggest using it with Soundcloud... (my page has only been up about 10 minutes so I really don't know much about it)

If you click on one of the songs on the vibedeck page or the embedded store, a price shows up beside it.

You can change the color of the text and all of that too.

:cheers:

... anybody know how to edit a title... Go Advanced doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rome. Always lookin out! Keep me on the 'heads up' list man. Foreal.

I hate that you cant edit the title...I've fcuked up a few times myself....

Last edited:
What happened to all those old tutorial videos you used to have on your website Rome? #random

I hit a delete button on my webspace one day ... and they were laid to rest accidentally.

I did some other ones on LIVE 8 but just decided against posting them on here. I figured nobody would watch them. Look at this thread, 5 comments. Can't see going through the trouble of recording and posting vids for nothing.

I guess the only knock on that free webstore is that it doesn't put any tags over your stuff like myflashstore.net. Still it's a step in the right direction. I bet more stuff is going to be rolled out for free in the future.

Somebody told them to allow 30 second snippets before the full download... but they said no.

Somebody will get clever and figure out something... or maybe they'll bend on the 30 second snippet thing or let people add a tag to the "display" version.

... anything I find that I think is useful, I post it here.

that's awsome! thanks for sharing rome!
bookmarked :D

No problem.

It looks like they're pretty new. People are asking them to do things but they look like they aren't going to bend over backwards because it's free.

Rome,

It is possible to use the store also on wordpress sites ?

Yeah, you just paste the embed code into a post or a page.

I guess it would be best to post single songs into a post so you can post some info about the song and make a page that has an entire soundcloud set of all of your songs.

If you try to upload to that site they want a lossless version of the song, if you upload to Soundcloud you still control the quality. So I guess if you don't want people to just try to rip your song from Vibedeck, you could put up a tagged or low quality version on Soundcloud as sort of a "Writers Version" and send the untagged hi-quality version later.

Too bad people can't upload a snippet or tagged version and a clean download version.

BUT! there may be a way to do it using Soundcloud alone... tell me if this'll work?

1 - Upload a 30 - 45 second low quality clip of your song with tags to Soundcloud

2 - Upload a high quality version of the same song to Soundcloud and make the link a hidden link

3 - Create a Paypal button for the song

4 - Paste the link to the high quality version of the song as the redirect link after payment into the options section of the PayPal button

5 - Paste the link to the paypal button into the the Buy Now area of the song on SoundCloud

6 - Create a page or web doc (webdoc beta - For rich expression) and embed the Soundcloud set of snippets

7 - That's your embeddable store until you run out SoundCloud space and have to upgrade - (I paid when I signed up so I could make widgets - but I've only made one... sniff).

Not sure how to get around having your entire song out there on vibedeck.... they'll come around though eventually.

But! the going rate for beats is now $10... so I don't know if a lot of it is worth the trouble until there become more places to promote. It still looks like Soundclick is that spot. The more functionality you can weasel into your SoundClick page the better I guess (I'm shooting for TOTALLY free though). FB looks too cluttered, Myspace is non-existent, personal websites won't generate enough traffic, on Twitter your site is spam in the middle of the day.... you have to be at the "market" where the people go to look for beats. Just having a nice page at some random address in cyberspace probably won't get your many looks. Get to where the eyes are going. A lot of people don't want to be where everybody else is at for fear they'll get overlooked because of competition... just think of it as there's more than one pair of shoes in a shoe store... the best looking ones sell the most.

... maybe you could pay some place with a lot of traffic to embed your store on there for a month or something... who knows.

Tell WSHH to get a beats section and you pay them to get your beats in it... then they get nothing.

Tell PMP to add e-commerce or something

Everything is still in it's infancy... (that I know of)

Tweet your beats that are for sale from Soundcloud and do what I suggested above... if people get tired of you, they'll unfollow you.

Nothing beats Twitter...

I typed all o that.... because it's Friday!!!!

I THINK my current store may be on it's way out, good look Rome this looks dope

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Rome. Had not heard of this site. Good look.

No problem Kev.

Here's a plugin for Wordpress if anybody wants to use it. You upload an .mp3 to wordpress through the plugin dashboard and it creates a button that will send the buyer a download link that stays active for as long as you specify in the plugin settings. So you can set the link to automatically expire after 3 days. It sends a message to the buyer telling them that.

Paid downloads plugin | Unique Wordpress Plugins

It's got a few small bugs but the guy said he'll fix them soon. If you don't have any crazy widgets on your site, you should be fine.

You can use a custom button too and not the orange Paypal one...

Back