Best Social Networking Site For Artists

Does anybody know some good social networking sites where music artists hang out on? Where they allow you to upload your music and talk to other artists (like Myspace was a few years ago?) -- Which ones are popular?

SoundCloud would benefit from a real-time chat function.. like a chat room. It's an underrated and under-used networking tool that a lot of sites abandoned after AOL.

Different rooms for diff genres. People starting their own rooms. Chat real-time with people who want to link up and work. No waiting for email responses, and getting questions and answers on the fly. I guess Skype is even easier, but not everyone has it, and you still have to find people to talk to. I bet you could chat with 5-10 different rappers (potential clients) who just wander into your room in an hour if it was a popular function.

Last edited:
Depends on your goals. If you want. Also, simply posting to these platforms wont guarantee people will discover your music. You have to do the work of spreading it around and building relationships with others to help build recognition for your brand.

I say all of the above simply because if you focus on just 1 network you might miss other artists on other sites.

Back