Best marketing plan for beats

StanleySteamer

Hey guys so I am trying to get a general discussion going on here for the best way to market beats. I know about websites and selling beats online and stuff but I was curious to know other people's opinions on things such as linking up with people in studios and emailing beats out? I look at people like metroboomin and murda beatz and southside and they don't really have websites to sell beats. Granted their names are solidified and people know they can make a hit for them, I am wondering if maybe they way they marketed and networked their beats was different then just the average online producer. I always kind of felt that offering cheap leases on beats and letting anyone get on it is counter productive and makes the beats overall exclusive rights value less valuable. I have been putting together a rather large beat pack(around 100 beats of my best quality) and plan on starting to send those out to artists tagged up and copyrighted with the hopes that they will buy exclusives as I won't be offering leases. I was also thinking since I live in new york that I would go and book production sessions at different studios and just try and network and work with as many artists as possible and get streaming money and maybe one of those songs really takes off and then I can charge people what I want since I'm well known now.

Basically those are some of my ideas I wanted to get some other people's ideas on their marketing strategies for their beats and how they are getting themselves and their work out there. Feedback always appreciated thanks!

Back