Beatstars and their Youtube Content ID

BearOnTheBeat

So im trying to get some feedback about it? Has anyone used it? Is anyone using it? or is there other serviced like it that anyone can recommend? I just want to be able to make the most profit out of my music and prevent my beats from being hit with a copyright claim. Appreciate all the feedback and replies.

Although I have a BeatStars account, I use Audiam for content ID. (I signed up with Audiam before BeatStars offered the service)

My summary based off of my experience with them:

YouTube content ID (because its fairly new) is a mess.

I have received a few "disgruntled artist" emails because of it.

Also: Unless you are getting viral traffic you will only see a few bucks here and there. (I believe my best month landed me about $20 - and I have about 200 matches on YouTube at this time with a few that have plays in excess of 100k...

So don't sign up and quit your day job just yet. :rolleyes:

Although I have a BeatStars account, I use Audiam for content ID. (I signed up with Audiam before BeatStars offered the service)

Also: Unless you are getting viral traffic you will only see a few bucks here and there. (I believe my best month landed me about $20 - and I have about 200 matches on YouTube at this time with a few that have plays in excess of 100k...

How's Audiam been working for you? there shouldn't be any disgruntled artist if though..since they dont own the beat. Im more concerned with the people who will rip the beat off youtube and do a song. Like.. Sob x Rbe's - Anti. The beats full of tags and they have 1million+ views I would want to be able to profit off something like that. For example.. I have one on thizzler that someone leased and it is up to 30,000 views i should be making money off those views since its my beat... Or does that only work when they moneytize it?

As far as youtube is going for me im at 6k subs.. 100,000 is the most views on one of my videos last adsense check i got was 140.. witch isnt a lot but its something, so i just want to be able to make my money.

there shouldn't be any disgruntled artist if though..since they dont own the beat.

You would think but TBH its probably because a lot of cats don't read the licensing terms.

I will say this tho, I haven't got *knocks on wood* one of those disgruntled emails in a minute ~ but I believe its because YouTube has changed the way the content ID notices look.

You would think but TBH its probably because a lot of cats don't read the licensing terms.

I will say this tho, I haven't got *knocks on wood* one of those disgruntled emails in a minute ~ but I believe its because YouTube has changed the way the content ID notices look.

That's their fault tho.. lol. Like beat stars has the contracts before you even buy its not my fault yall didnt pay attention lol. oh well tho, well thats good bro. yeah i recently got into uploading to youtube so im still trying to figure all that out. Appreciate all the replies tho 100.

I used to work in this business and I can confirm that, haha.. Most services are, actually. If it works, cool... if something messes up, you're royally fucked, and the way it works in the industry
is that that means you and you alone. They're not that new, btw.. they are literally just figuring it out as they go along.

With these aggregators you need to really look out what happens to your rights.. I've dealt with a lot of issues from artists that came from an entry-level service like TuneCore
(and I imagine BeatStars is something like that too... the name doesn't inspire a lot of confidence) and then signed to a label or other distributor or whatever. Turns out they didn't
get to keep the ISRC and barcodes for their stuff and from there things just got messy really quick with different versions of catalogs floating around, royalties going everywhere and mostly nowhere.

I wouldn't be able to tell you what a legit service is right now. Most of the ones I know are for full releases and not selling beats.

Turns out they didn't
get to keep the ISRC and barcodes for their stuff and from there things just got messy really quick with different versions of catalogs floating around, royalties going everywhere and mostly nowhere.

I'm willing to bet that this ISRC issue will pop up again and then creatively remedy itself as a "buyout option". eg: Buy your barcodes for $20 a piece...

Learn as you go...

#smh

Back