Beatstars beat distribution / will clients get a copyright infringement when.......

mrskytown

Does anyone know any more information on Beatstars beat distribution. will clients get a copyright infringement notice when they purchase a beat and then make a song out of it and upload it on YouTube, and also what happens when someone buys exclusive rights to a beat and uses it over youtube will they get a copyright infringement notice, I just don't know if the beat stars beat distribution service will be a pain for my customers,

Infringements are usually issued by copyright owners, not distribution services.

If you are creating tracks with elements that you do not own the copyrights to then you are responsible for obtaining the releases to use those elements unless you contract with your clients/customers that it is their responsibility to do so (this is apparently more common than you would like to believe)

I hear you, what about the content id tag that is put on my music from the beat stars distribution, would it automatically issue or warm a customer because the music is tagged with a content id and is automatically recognized. I'm just not sure how it works.

So, have just watched their explanatory video on youtube and it seems that you are going to have issues at one level but at another level you are going to make more money.

Essentially the service they provide via youtube is designed to ensure that anyone who buys your music is safeguarded, at the same time safeguarding your own rights to exploit your music.

The id tag is used to scour youtube and identify any other persons who have ripped your content and uploaded it to youtube.

It will then generate a notice that you will be sharing the income stream (if any) that they are enjoying from the use of your tune(s) - this is not the same as a copyright infringement notice, but rather a heads up to let them know that they have been identified as using content which they may not legally own.

Part of your responsibility under this model is to make certain that your clients/customers know that this will happen and to negotiate your non-exclusive and exclusive licenses accordingly

Beyond that you may need to consult beatstars for more in depth answers

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if I should even use that service, it seems like it's going to create more problems for me. But i will call beatstars again too get more in depth information. As in how the notice is shown to the user when they upload it and if it's really not a big deal, like one of the issues is when someone buys exclusive rights and they have a warning about me receiving income from the stream but they should have exclusive rights and I don't know if I would have to be contacting beatstars to remove the beat from the content id or whatever or somehow work it into my agreement terms . But again thanks I will give them a call.

thing is even with exclusive rights you should be sharing in the revenue stream via royalties, so the difference is that you are sharing in other parts of the revenue stream as well: you may need to reconsider a restructuring of your pricing structure to reflect these additional revenue streams but should not change what you already received

Does anyone know any more information on Beatstars beat distribution. will clients get a copyright infringement notice when they purchase a beat and then make a song out of it and upload it on YouTube, and also what happens when someone buys exclusive rights to a beat and uses it over youtube will they get a copyright infringement notice, I just don't know if the beat stars beat distribution service will be a pain for my customers,

Hey MRskytown. I use this service and all YouTube does is start serving ads on those videos with your beats in it and beatstars pays you for that revenue. It doesn't take down their videos or anything

I had the worst experience with beatstars and their distribution service. I got claims on my own videos on YouTube, my customers got claims and much more problems... Here you can read the full story. It's just unbelievable...

The truth about Beatstars.com and their distribution service

Back