Beatport Goes Up Against Soundcloud (FINALLY!!)

acetheface954

I've waited a long time for this day to take place. It turns out that beatport has now started their own streaming music service complete with an embeddable music player to add to other sites. I'm sure they're in their early stages but for now I see great progression because if it's one thing that soundcloud needs it's competition. I've been upset with their service for two years now. perhaps this will shake things up. read more on the subject at the bottom courtesy of lessthan3.com

Beatport Launches Free Streaming Music Player, To Pay Artists

Pardon my interest, but why have you been so unsatisfied with Soundcloud? I've never heard of beatport but what do you use it for?

Pardon my interest, but why have you been so unsatisfied with Soundcloud? I've never heard of beatport but what do you use it for?

Well they took down some of my remixes to to copyright restrictions for starters. Not their fault though since they're legally bounded. My main problem with them is how they don't have anyway for you to promote on their site unless you're a pop act. After all these years and they still don't help you. Lame.

Beatport is the premiere website for all EDM artists. You have to be on a label to be featured on their site though. The good news is you can form your own label and get on. Now with them having a streaming service and music player of their own I believe it will force SoundCloud to do better as a service.

Back