Beat store Website

It depends on your goal. Do you need to pay some bills/debt off? Selling beats (the same beats over and over) on-line is nothing but a short term hustle. You may not want to hear or try this. But as a producer/DJ from 2007-2012 I worked on songs for artists where I paid for the studio time, mixing and promo of just their 2 hottest songs/singles. That is when I believed in the rappers I dealt with. Investing in something/someone might bring an ROI (return on investment) further down the road. A quick beat sale $50 to $100 is just that. You have no contribution to the project as a whole nor can you build a foundation with the artist and their music that could lead to royalties. This is why I just pitch songs to tv/film supervisors. I just record with singers these days.

Last edited:
Sign up on Makinitmag.com They have a producer/artists network service that costs $15 USD/month. You get emails directly sent to you from rappers/singers looking for instrumentals. You don't need a beat store to do this because the artists will tell you their budget through a form they fill out. You may need a file sharing app like Google Drive or Dropbox to send them snippets of the type of beats they're requesting though. You can still create a beat store but you'll have spend tons of money on social media ads trying to reach random artists.

Last edited:
It's definitely worth it but it is a long process. Be patient be consistent and work hard

Good for you. In my situation I DON'T NEED TO SELL BEATS. I'd rather work with one or two artists for free until we grow a following and land a licensing/record or TV sync deal. Me personally, don't see any value in spreading myself thin to sell beats all over the internet to trap artists and Drake/Bryson Tiller/Chris Brown clones. Most artists are BUYING trap or trap R&B type of beats. I guarantee I couldn't distinguish you from any of the other beat-makers out there. There's a reason why platinum selling producers like Timbaland can pick and choose he wants to work with while Internet producers have to sell beats to everybody just to pay rent.

Back