Awesome Interview: SoundClick Grinding, DIY Branding, Mixing, & More

A

alkota

Got a chance to interview the production duo Stompboxx Music recently. These guys are pretty awesome producers and DIY business people. This is probably one of the best interviews I have done yet. Lots of juicy information... including how they got their SoundClick following in line (They are getting $750-1K for exclusives off the site). They also talk about their production workflow, drums, and branding!

Check it out: Stompboxx Music talks Reason 6.5, SoundClick Grinding, Mixing, & DIY Marketing/BrandingAlkota Beats

Great read. I curious as to what they spent 2k on for marketing. SEO? Flyers? ...

Got a chance to interview the production duo Stompboxx Music recently. These guys are pretty awesome producers and DIY business people. This is probably one of the best interviews I have done yet. Lots of juicy information... including how they got their SoundClick following in line (They are getting $750-1K for exclusives off the site). They also talk about their production workflow, drums, and branding!

Check it out: Stompboxx Music talks Reason 6.5, SoundClick Grinding, Mixing, & DIY Marketing/BrandingAlkota Beats

you have one of the best sites on FP

thanks for this sir

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Great read. I curious as to what they spent 2k on for marketing. SEO? Flyers? ...

It's all spent on Soundclick promotion through the actual soundclick website. They have AWESOME promotion packages that are well worth the money. Awesome post alkota, look out for that top 10 list featuring your website coming soon!

Edit: I just featured the interview on my blog :)

Last edited:
2k on soundclick promo....

Soundclick exposure sir=traffic to your page
your beat then insure sells

well that's the plan anyway and it seems to works all the time for folks

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Thanks for checking out the interview! It does seem outlandish to pay that much for Soundclick, but it worked for them in the long run. However, in their pay to play scenario... they had a strategy vs. blindly buying plays, etc. They also have TRUE PASSION for music above and beyond making money (its a hobby/passion at this point). I still believe that doing it for the love and passion before anything else will always help everything else fall into place.

Back