Atlanta SCMC Music Conference

G

I went to this weekend this past weekend and have to say it wasnt what I expected. I made it to the 2nd round in the beat battle before getting knocked out so I felt pretty good about that.

The funny thing was people were gettign eliminated and getting mad because they didnt know it was a beat battle. Simply because all the promotion said "Producer Showcase." Shrug, some cats just dont know.

Anyways to those that are curious as to how music conferences are like...YOU determine the outcome. Many cats go to these conferences and expect the A&Rs, managers or major artists to spoon feed them. You have to network and speak up. Ask questions outsdie the norm. Ask questions that require a lenghty answer, that makes the execs think.

I couldnt believe that amount of unprepardness that was there. One mixtape I picked up the quality was so bad I could literally hear the Bits falling off....lol bad mp3 encoding. Beats werent mixed properly, etc and cats were getting in there feelings.

Thats just my take on it all. I didnt win but I did learn some new information to think about and got to meet some possible clients.

Back