Ask Me Anything! I will find you the answers!

Puppet

Where are you stuck right now in your budding career?

Ask me how to overcome a certain block and I will find you the answer! Why? Because I'm looking to be a manager for artists/producers in a years time, so aside from reading multiple books and educating myself, and interning, I wanna test myself and see just how much I can help all of you. Ask me the answer and I will respond back to, if you want to PM me instead please feel free to do so as well!

Ask away!

Anything from

"How can I get paid for my beats?".
"What's the best way for me to make money with the skillsets that I have?"
"Where can I find the right artists online?"
"How can I find a manager/attorney that will help me make some money?"

I will find you guys the answers by researching online, asking some people in the industry that I know, and even talking to a consultant if I must.

Thanks!

Okay well let me be the first!

I have placements with a few artists and one of em has a Young Thug feature on it. And I would like to collect royalties off of this song, how would I go about doing that? I am not registered on a PRO and I live in Canada. Thank you!

Hey man thank you so much this is really what I need!

I'm new to the forum and I've only been producing beats for almost 2 years, but I want to know if any of my beats are good enough to be sold, and if so, what's the easiest way to go about it? I did some research myself but it seems like the only way to sell your beats is to buy a website or something, and I'm looking for a free way I can go about this. I'm not looking to make this a career or anything, but I thought it might be some nice motivation to know that other people actually like my music and are willing to pay for it lol. My soundcloud is bobogravyman if you want to have a listen.
:D

Thanks in advance man!:D

In reply to bobogravyman - sorry if I'm hijacking the thread a bit:

A website is inexpensive. If you don't want to save up some of your change for a few weeks to set up a website which will last for a few years, then you probably won't ever make a sale.

If you want to make sales without an online presence, why don't you network offline? You can make a sale with little monetary investment/direct costs.

Hey puppet. Well lets see...I would like for blogs and DJ pools to spread my two singles around. I know they are great beats because they made it on to Pandora. Correction. Older versions of them made it on there. I already gave the music out to everyone via email as they requested but no one responded. all but one and they didn't like me because they had different taste so no big deal. I'd pay for support but I don't have the money to fund a campaign like that for three months.

In the I believe that they either didn't like my music or they never heard them since they do get a lot of submissions. So...what now puppet lol?

Back